Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which is better?

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Brandmaner 
#1 ·
I have just recently sold my 2002 V6 Mustang. I am now looking at two options.. I've been pre-approved for a 2011 Mustang V6 with a 6-speed for 340$ amonth for 72months. OR I can buy a 2000 GT Mustang with CAI already installled, true duals with straight pipes, brand new motor (less than 5k Miles) new transmission about 15k miles ago. Needs tires but meh.. it's a 2000 GT haha. Just wondering what might be the better option.. the 2011 6speed for 25k~ or 2000 Mustang GT (AUTOMATIC) for 5.5k (cash.)

Well let me know your feedback. I'll be purchasing my new one in March of 2011. Thanks!

#3 ·
I'd say it depends on personal taste, and how you think your investment will benefit you. Personally I'd get the GT i think the new 2010- body style Mustangs are hideous, and way too plasticy. Like i said personal taste. Sleep on it, and if not flip a coin if its meant to be then its meant to be.

#4 ·
Get the 2011. Prob be close to the performance of the GT anyway. Plus it looks better in my opinion.

#5 ·
if you like the 2011 body style then you should get it since its new and its brand new and you can trust it. but if you have 5,500 cash then you should get the GT but make sure that all parts that they installed is correct. just pick w/e feels right. i wouldnt like to pay monthly for a car if i had cash to buy another mustang... the car basically wouldnt be yours

#6 ·
Id say go with the 2000 GT. It will sound alot meaner IMO and instead of paying for years you could use that to mod your car. Not pay it off ;)
I was in that EXACT situation about 2 months ago. I was debating on the 2011 v6 or a 2000 GT and I got the 2000 and Im happy :)

#9 ·
It's a matter of personal priorities. The 2011 looks like a Mustang (no offense you guys), Is faster, probably more reliable (has a warranty), and will last longer. The down side is you have to pay more. EVERY person on the board has made this decision. I could've gotten a used car, but the 2011 GT was too much of a car to pass up and I'm glad I goit it. Good Luck with your decision.

#10 ·
i have a 99 mustang and its problem isn't that its a V6. most of what i hate about it isn't related to the engine. its the crap interior and poor build quality resulting in a chassis that only sags and creaks more as the years go by.

the 2011 cars are a whole other league. go with that if you can REASONABLY afford it without stretching yourself but if you have any doubts save the cash and go with the old car.

#11 ·
This discussion has popped up before. It is a very personal choice. No payments and cash to mod is nice. So is a modern platform that is very rigid with a great ride and great gas mileage, with a good price. What are you going to be using it for? My GT has to go for long trips away from home, so this time it was an easier choice for me. Plus I am at a point where I can easily afford it, and don't have to worry if my latest mod is going to not play nice with other mods and leave me on a shoulder a long way from home. I AM thinking about another project Mustang.....good thing the wife doesn't read the forum!:yup:

#12 ·
Which is faster?
The V6
Which giver better gas milage?
The V6
Which has a nicer interior and features?
The V6
Which is meaner?
The GT
Which will keep u happier longer?
The V6 ofcourse, on of the greatest things about owning a sport coupe is that as time goes on, u keep modding it and enjoying it, but if u buy a old car that's already modded then u will have fun for a year and then get bored.
If I was in ur position I would try to get a better deal on the gt, drive it for a few months and then go get the V6, so u have a daily driver and then a beast for the weekend

#13 ·
Well I got a 2011 GT used

I got a good deal on my 2011 GT but it was on ebay. It was an evaluation car so it has 29k+ miles with the extended warranties. Personal preference mainly factors into it. Everything on it came with it to include the 2012 Boss splitter.:shigrin

#15 ·
I had a 2000 GT convertible - black stripes on a black car - black interior. I currently have the 2011 Premium V6 convertible. No question the 2011 is a much better car - better performance, better gas mileage, better features. However, if you "know your way around a car" and know a shop that will work on the GT at reasonable prices, then I would go with the GT. 20K difference in cost, lower taxes, lower insurance cost and "sounds like" good condition ready to go lots of miles - it is hard to beat!......Get a good mechanic to do a checkout on it.

#16 ·
Get the GT

A V6 will always be a V6. It's missing two cylinders. It sounds weak compared to the GT. It's not a real Mustang. Only chicks and old people drive the V6. It's not worth the payments, I would pay $1 a month, and only for three months, at most, for a V6. We won't respect you as a man if you drive a V6. I would take an old GT, regardless of year, over a V6 even if the GT was pink, filled to the brim with monkey feces in the trunk, only had half a steering wheel, had a dildo as a shifter, and had "I'M GAY AS HELL!" painted on both sides of the car. Plus, I heard that if you drive a GT, you gain 3-inches in length and 2-inches in girth. I wouldn't know, though, I only have a '11 V6 with the Performance Package. I disgust myself. /wrist

Get the GT - if you plan on modding the shiz out of it, because it will be BEAST. Or buy a new V6 with good power and relatively great MPG. The V6 has more power than anyone realistically needs on the streets.

But seriously, I'm trading in my V6 as soon as the 50th anniversary is available. I suggest you do the same, buy the GT and save up money for the 2014 GT - that's if the world doesn't end in 2012 (ZING! I BET NOBODY SAW THAT ONE COMING).

#17 ·
Haha, Guys you had me laughing threw most of these post. The guy with the 2000 GT Mustang is the original owner. I only knew the stuff in it was new... because he's my neighbor. He's only selling his because he just got a 2011 Mustang GT Conv. So he's selling this little boy toy as he calls it now. But I just got a crazy idea... how much would it cost to buy a 5-6 speed manual transmission and a new 5.0 Motor and upgrade suspension and whatever else would be needed to take the 1989 4banger mustang I have in my backyard to a 5.0 beast with a stick? (RIght now it's auto... moms first car and now mine. She was first owner I was 2nd.. My first car reason it still sits in my backyard haha. I planned to restore it one day maybe this is the time!)

G
#18 ·
Well despite the same manufacturer and make, these cars are very different. Ask yourself this: do I want/need/expect this car to be around in 5 years? One will definitely be around and still be in great shape, the other, perhaps not.

If I had the free time to work on it I wouldn't mind driving an older used car but I need a reliable daily driver. There's nothing worse than missing work because your ride broke down. I prefer newer vechicles with a warranty; sure I'm comfortable working on minor stuff but frankly my time is valuable and I'm getting to old to lay on concrete and bust my knuckles on hot engines and siezed bolts.

My Dad and Brother only pay cash for used cars and they drive them into the ground. Economically I think it's almost a wash when you factor in all the maintenence and parts and time spent keeping a used older car on the road. I think it really comes down to what the car's purpose is. The GT would be great for a weekend project car but if you use it to commute it's going to really eat away at any money you saved buy buying it outright. In the end it's up to you.

#20 ·
I would go for the 2000 GT only cause you can pay it in cash and it would be yours right away; I hate down payments; 72 months it's a very long time down payments...

No doubt the 2011's are better, but these 2000's were great! :bigthumbsup

#21 ·
Well we decied to go with the 2011 Mustang.. because we got one that an employee was demoing out for only 17k with a 6speed... Not the color I wanted but meh... 17k from 24k for the same car was a good swap since the one we are getting only has 2.2k miles. Well I'll have pics up asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.