Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a programmer for my 05 V6 Mustang and I am not sure which one is better. I also want to know if I install a dual exhaust system with the H-pipe will it affect the torque of the engine? I installed a throttle body spacer (OBX) and I didnt feel any difference but I want to know if anyone has checked on a dyno to see if the spacer helps or I am better removing it?:gringreen

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am planning to buy a programmer for my 05 V6 Mustang and I am not sure which one is better. I also want to know if I install a dual exhaust system with the H-pipe will it affect the torque of the engine? I installed a throttle body spacer (OBX) and I didnt feel any difference but I want to know if anyone has checked on a dyno to see if the spacer helps or I am better removing it?:gringreen
Get a custom tuned SCT. Bamachips and Evolution have package deals for the V6. Or there's Tillman or Brenspeed.

As for the exhaust, Im under the impression that the loss of back pressure can cause a small drop in torque, but you'd get a killer sound!

Throttle body spacers are worth anything.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
an H pipe is more for a deep, amazing sound as stated before, if you want the most power out of a dual system, go with an X pipe

·
Registered
751 Posts
A tuner that most here pick are SCT X3 and that is what most of the tuners use. As for exhaust it really depends on what you want. I love my GT-take offs. Not only were they cheap but they gave me what I wanted, better sound and performance and no drone.

As for the spacers, sorry to say this but you wasted money. It is a confirmed paper weight. If people feel any difference it is because they want to feel it. Like you car gains a few hp after a nice good wash and wax. And I am pretty sure a good wash and wax does more to the cars performance than the spacer:scratchchin

·
Registered
495 Posts
i talked to a mechanic i know who owns a preformance sand car shop.

i asked him about these and this is what he said:

the science makes since because its increasing the mass of the air.

he has seen dynos that show results and dynos that disprove the concept of the spacer.

in his opinion, there is a slight increase of 3-6 HP with the right brand but it only exists between like 2000-2300 RPMs. he said that at this point the car benefits from having that spin but all points higher the mass of the air doesn't change the performance of the car.

he finished up with say, if you like the sound get a cheaper one, but he doesnt use TBSpacers on any of the cars he makes. (he made a sand car with a frekin corvette engine in it!!! i was like WTH!!)

so id say if yo like the sound go for it!!

and for me after all my research, i now have on the way bamachips sct3 tunner with C&L intake combo, and MAC stainless steel axle back mufflers.

love the way they sound and if drone is going to be an issue ill spend 30 bucks on insulation mats for my car till im happy with it (not getting dyno mat. to expensive o_O gonna go look for an off brand mat)

and take time to do research and remember, once you pick youll stop thinking about what you could have had because youll love what you decided on

·
Registered
566 Posts
sct is the most supported tuner on the market for mustangs and for exhaust long tube header give more hp over shorties and x pipes make more hp than h pipe but the h pipe sounds 10 times better

going with an h pipe wont kill your tq

the spacer make no differance i took my spacer off but its not goning to harm anything so you can leave it on if you want

as for the rest of the exhaust its all up to you and how you like the sound of the mufflers check on you tube you may make more hp buy you might also hate the sound so do some youtube research

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.