Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all . I am a newbie to this site and have bought a 66 mustang coupe. I was a site member at a truck site for several years, sold the truck and am trying out an old Mustang. Always wanted one . This one is a fixer upper. I need to replace the rear leafs springs. I want a higher than stock stance look. Anyone ever installed leaf springs from Laurel mountain Mustangs? I am looking online at a 4 leaf set that claims a 1-1/2" lift over stock height. I have heard a few stories of people buying springs from different vendors and still having the old sagging look in the rear.Just want the best deal for the buck. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I bought all my suspension stuf (and most everything else) from Mustangs Plus. Never a bad word to say about them or their products.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I bought my springs from Mustangs Plus several years ago and I've had no problems with them. I bought them for my 67 FB and they are 5 leaf with the standard eye placement. The fifth leaf is biased toward the front to help in preventing spring wrap up during strong acceleration. After installing they raised the rear to the point where I had to install one inch lowering blocks. Even with the blocks installed the car still retains my desired slight rake.

For some reason the stock stance is with the front of the car slightly higher than the rear and I was told by the counterperson to buy the mid-eye leafs if I wanted to retain the stock stance.

I just don't care for the look of the stock set up and I have wondered if installing the mid-eyes really would give the stock look or if it would have been just right without using lowering blocks. I have smaller tires in the front, so if I was using all tires of the same size it would have probably given me the stock stance as the counterperson stated. It seems that he knew what he was talking about. I also found out that each car is unique so choose wisely.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a pair from laurel mountain Mustang yesterday. They are a 4 leaf with a 1-1/2" lift over factory spec. The guy at the counter told me the same thing about the front being higher than the back originally. I just dont really like the back end sitting lower than the front. I hope these new leaf springs with the 1-1/2" lift have the look that I want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.