Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, I just got my 11 gt. Im doing small things here and there but wanted to get an idea on which lowering springs to go with? I want to make the car more road coarse oriented rather than for the drag strip. Im looking at eibach and ford racings springs but just wanted to know what else was out there for about an 1.5" drop. Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
I would go with a 1" drop spring like the Ford P springs or the Steeda sports.I have the Eibach pro kit springs and after they settle they give you a nice drop.

I do both drag/road racing and the combo of Koni STR.T shocks and pro kit springs is a good set up.Try to resist going to low for the look because you dont want to have a car that is unbearable to drive on the street.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would go with a 1" drop spring like the Ford P springs or the Steeda sports.I have the Eibach pro kit springs and after they settle they give you a nice drop.

I do both drag/road racing and the combo of Koni STR.T shocks and pro kit springs is a good set up.Try to resist going to low for the look because you dont want to have a car that is unbearable to drive on the street.
I'm looking to do the same. Quick question and not meaning to hijack this thread. But If I went with the Eibach pro do I need to change the strut mounts or anything else? I know just doing springs will not give the best ride but I just wanna lower for now till I can get cash for proper dampers. So I lust wanna lower for now and heard that you need to change out the mounts and that some fasteners are not reusable? Any info would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
steeda sports have been good for me and offer a firm but comfortable ride with the koni sports.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I was in the same boat, OP; I went with Eibach Sportlines.

Now, I am not sure if it is the different suspension from the Brembo package or not, but all I ordered was the read adj. panhard bar and the springs; it rides SO SMOOTH; my coworker and dad were truly amazed at how good the ride quality was.

I spoke to the guy @ the local shop here about his thoughts on spending the money on coil-overs. He told me that "unless you are going to a track, save your money; this setup is just fine."

I tell you what, he sure sounds right to me as my ride is great.

I will get some pics up later for you all.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Hey yall, I just got my 11 gt. Im doing small things here and there but wanted to get an idea on which lowering springs to go with? I want to make the car more road coarse oriented rather than for the drag strip. Im looking at eibach and ford racings springs but just wanted to know what else was out there for about an 1.5" drop. Thanks
I'd recommend the Eibach Pro springs, because they're low enough to make a difference, but not so low that they would hurt the handling. There are actually a lot of lowering springs out there that lower the car to the point that it actually has a negative affect on handling.

Anyway, we carry the Eibach Pro springs at UPR Products: 2005-2011 Ford Mustang GT V6 UPR Pro Series Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

Also, if you're serious about handling, sway bars make a huge difference as well. We also carry the Eibach swaybars: 2011-2012 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35125.320 - UPR Products

You don't NEED to replace the struts and shocks to lower the car, but you should. The Koni dampeners are popular with the road course crowd. (but we don't sell them)

Other parts that you don't NEED, but you should consider are an adjustable pan hard bar to re-center the rear axle after lowering, and upper and lower control arms with adjustable uppers so you can correct the pinion angle after lowering the car. We DO carry these pieces at UPR.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I'd like to go with those springs and a adjustable panhard. Which bar would you recommend for those. Keep in mind I won't be autocrossing the car. Just street use

·
Registered
893 Posts
With most any 1" drop spring you can install without panhard or camber bolts and still bring things into spec.

I also reccomend doing the dampers with the springs but It's ok do do just springs.If you get the 2011 specific springs you will not need any other parts.The 2010 strut mounts are for the shocks.

I went whole hogg lol and got Maximum motorsports caster camber plates and adjustable panhard bar and brace.

UPR makes great products and are a sponsor and I have their LCA and adjustable upper with mount and my car rides awesome.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Here is a pic of mine with sportlines:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
UPR makes great products and are a sponsor and I have their LCA and adjustable upper with mount and my car rides awesome.
Thanks man! Glad you like the parts. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd recommend the Eibach Pro springs, because they're low enough to make a difference, but not so low that they would hurt the handling. There are actually a lot of lowering springs out there that lower the car to the point that it actually has a negative affect on handling.

Anyway, we carry the Eibach Pro springs at UPR Products: 2005-2011 Ford Mustang GT V6 UPR Pro Series Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

Also, if you're serious about handling, sway bars make a huge difference as well. We also carry the Eibach swaybars: 2011-2012 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35125.320 - UPR Products

You don't NEED to replace the struts and shocks to lower the car, but you should. The Koni dampeners are popular with the road course crowd. (but we don't sell them)

Other parts that you don't NEED, but you should consider are an adjustable pan hard bar to re-center the rear axle after lowering, and upper and lower control arms with adjustable uppers so you can correct the pinion angle after lowering the car. We DO carry these pieces at UPR.
Whats the difference between your "pro-kit" and the regular Eibach pro-kit that costs more??

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Whats the difference between your "pro-kit" and the regular Eibach pro-kit that costs more??
Our Pro Series springs are made by Eibach and according to Eibach, they spec out the same as Eibach's Pro Kit springs. The only difference is that ours are silver and they say "UPR, made by Eibach" on them. I have a set on my car and I like them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here is a good look at the stance of the Sportlines (White) vs. my car with the FRPP 1" springs (Black). The white car has 305's in the back and mine had 285's.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was also looking at the frpp "p" springs. Do you just need the springs? No bars of any kind? Sorry not hijacking!! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was also looking at the frpp "p" springs. Do you just need the springs? No bars of any kind? Sorry not hijacking!! :)
No bar, but you should buy the GT500 strut mounts which do not work with the stock struts.

I did the "P" springs, added GT500 strut mounts, Koni Struts and did an alignment. I then realized that the 1" drop caused too much negative camber (top of tire tilted in towards motor). I was at 2.1 with the max is supposed to be 1.7 degrees.

Trick if you do lower, flip the GT500 strut mounts with the 'notch' towards the motor - I did this last night and it corrected my neg camber .5 so I'm now in spec. You'll see what I mean when you do the install of the strut mounts.

I did go 5 months lowered with the stock strut mounts and struts so you would be ok with just springs and alignment, but it's recommended to get struts and strut mounts. Car handles awesome now vs. the lowered with stock struts.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Our Pro Series springs are made by Eibach and according to Eibach, they spec out the same as Eibach's Pro Kit springs. The only difference is that ours are silver and they say "UPR, made by Eibach" on them. I have a set on my car and I like them.
Cool, next question is, how do I get the 10% discount :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks BLK50! When I buy Ill msg ya to make sure I got everything and do it right! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I installed Eibach pro kit on mine yesterday and IMO the drop is perfect! Gives the car a more aggressive look. Got them from AM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts