Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a lot of discussion about LT headers and troubles when working on clutches...inevitable given a manual trans.

Which headers can be installed that won't have to be removed for future clutch work...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SLP's are a brand I've heard some good things about here, Kooks as well...I saw a Kooks LT and O/R catted H pipe kit on Brenspeed (I think) for about 1350 or so...does anyone know if Kooks will give trouble when doing clutch work? Does this price sound reasonably competitve...I suspect given enough time and energy one could find a good deal on anything...thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
You do not need to remove the headers to do a clutch job on the JBA long tubes.

·
Registered
709 Posts
+1 That is why I bought a off-road pipe and then installed Magnaflow Metallic Substrate cats. Much better!

The headers are great... The catalytic converters leave a lot to be desired!

·
Registered
343 Posts
My BBK longs don't need to be removed either :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
We have done several clutch swaps on cars running Kooks LT's and they are not needed to be removed, no clearance issues with them either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Much appreciated...saw the JBA's on sale American Muscle; will look around more but looks like an okay price (about 700+ for LTs and H pipe O/R)...

jsh

·
Registered
709 Posts
Don't forget there is also a discount if you send a pm to amnick.

Much appreciated...saw the JBA's on sale American Muscle; will look around more but looks like an okay price (about 700+ for LTs and H pipe O/R)...

jsh

·
Registered
24 Posts
SLP's are a brand I've heard some good things about here, Kooks as well...I saw a Kooks LT and O/R catted H pipe kit on Brenspeed (I think) for about 1350 or so...does anyone know if Kooks will give trouble when doing clutch work? Does this price sound reasonably competitve...I suspect given enough time and energy one could find a good deal on anything...thanks

well i am in CT. I have a shop that qouted me at 775 for the long tubes and 500 for the catted h pipe. so 1275 total

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
We have done several clutch swaps on cars running Kooks LT's and they are not needed to be removed, no clearance issues with them either.
Good to know. STL had me worried there for a minute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.