Ford Mustang Forum banner

Which mod has given you the biggest headache?

• Headers (long or shorty)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Throttle Body

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gears

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Engine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One-piece driveshaft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 45.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
520's TB problem got me to thinking about this. I know we have all had problems with various mods, but which mod just caused the most pain and headache?

For me, I'm going to have to pick the header install. Just a horrible experience all the way around.

What about you?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I would have to say the headers... What a PITA!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Without question, gears! I've lost count of the rings & pinions I've wasted. :(
That's why I have yet to do mine... Until I find a real good installer, I'll just stick with the stock gears.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I can't decide on only one so I came up with a list.

1. Gears
2. Gears
3. Gears
4. Gears
5. Gears

One spot for each set of gears I've had in the car. Not including the set on my new rear end about to go in.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts

1. Gears
2. Gears
3. Gears
4. Gears
5. Gears

One spot for each set of gears I've had in the car. Not including the set on my new rear end about to go in.
So with the new 9" you'll be up one set on me :gringreen

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Man, i just got back from the local ford (not where i bought my stang) and i asked if they can install the gears, they said yes.. theyll have my car 3 days.. and itll be 600 dollars "Assuming i brought the parts".. now it really doesnt seem worth it after hearing everyone ***** about gears.. hmm..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not really a PITA, but my exhaust system has been a headache for me. I changed the set up numerous times, and have been spending a lot of money

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

1. Gears
2. Gears
3. Gears
4. Gears
5. Gears

Without question, gears! I've lost count of the rings & pinions I've wasted. :(
At least you guys are helping out the economy. :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, i just got back from the local ford (not where i bought my stang) and i asked if they can install the gears, they said yes.. theyll have my car 3 days.. and itll be 600 dollars "Assuming i brought the parts".. now it really doesnt seem worth it after hearing everyone ***** about gears.. hmm..
3 days for a gear install? They definitely better get it right if they are going to take that long. The price is about right, but the time is kinda crazy.

G

·
I haven't done gears yet. but I'd say the cat back as far as my mods go. they've been a pain in a** all that drone and other noises that caused by it ahhh so damn annoying,, but it's the only thing that makes me wake up in the morning when i turn my ignition on :D

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
3 days for a gear install? They definitely better get it right if they are going to take that long. The price is about right, but the time is kinda crazy.

yup they said three days.. thats gay.. :(.. i dont think imma do it now, almost 800 dollars with parts /labor.. and the time is just retarded..

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would say the adjustable 3rd Link. What a pain!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I plan on doing gears later on, but with all the gear horror stories that abound it would seem that perhaps Mikroniting or Cryo treating them would probably be worth it in the long run as extra insurance. Yes? no?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I plan on doing gears later on, but with all the gear horror stories that abound it would seem that perhaps Mikroniting or Cryo treating them would probably be worth it in the long run as extra insurance. Yes? no?
I don't think hardening is going to make them any quieter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a 94GT and I would have to say the headers where the worst mod as far as the install goes. They are a pain to put in with the motor in the car. The only thing I could get in to tighten the bolts on the set of MAC shorty headers I bought for that car was a boxed in wrench. What a pain.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
TUNING!!!!! every time i go to tune I have to buy more mods

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ive not had one single problem with my car EXCEPT for those daggone floor mats and that made for a HUGE one! All is good now though and i got my car abck today with the new chin spoiler on,looks saweeeeet! Brent

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Ive not had one single problem with my car EXCEPT for those daggone floor mats and that made for a HUGE one! All is good now though and i got my car abck today with the new chin spoiler on,looks saweeeeet! Brent
i remember that floormat. Did you burn it yet?:hihi:

As for me.... its a toss up. putting a magnet on my butt, or putting in new blinkers for my tail-lights:so

I think i am going to say the sequentials, there was just no room to get my hands in there :happydance:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.