Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's been a few weeks since I've added the JLT cold air on and it's getting close to that time again. I'm thinking about CMDPs. Better airflow can only help right? It seems like a thing you should do early on?

Other thing I'm considering is Kooks LT's. Not sure about emission testing with those however, and I'd need to wait a bit longer to save the rest of the cash.

Also considering a small shot of nitrous, but I can't decide if I wanna use it on the street. It would only be either the Zex 35rwhp shot or the NX 50rwhp shot. I'll probably hold off a bit on this one, though.

Maybe in one-two years. I wanna have more cash in my emergency car fund first! I used about $350 from it already. lol

Also thinking about getting the pre-painted window louvers from American Muscle. Can't decide if I want to get white or black. Leaning towards black.

What mod(s) will you be getting next?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
So, it's been a few weeks since I've added the JLT cold air on and it's getting close to that time again. I'm thinking about CMDPs. Better airflow can only help right? It seems like a thing you should do early on?

Other thing I'm considering is Kooks LT's. Not sure about emission testing with those however, and I'd need to wait a bit longer to save the rest of the cash.

Also considering a small shot of nitrous, but I can't decide if I wanna use it on the street. It would only be either the Zex 35rwhp shot or the NX 50rwhp shot. I'll probably hold off a bit on this one, though.

Maybe in one-two years. I wanna have more cash in my emergency car fund first! I used about $350 from it already. lol

Also thinking about getting the pre-painted window louvers from American Muscle. Can't decide if I want to get white or black. Leaning towards black.

You might give these a look they are awesome :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup
2005 - 2009 Ford Mustang DG Custom Painted Window Louvers for that Retro Look: Hubcaps Plus After Market Parts and Accessories For Cars, Trucks and SUVs

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rockin' Blues. I don't care for those louvers I like AMs better, HOWEVER those scoops on the bottom of the page are awesome:bigthumbsup

Now I dont know which I want; the scoops or the louvers? They are expensive $274, but they are the coolest window scoops I've ever seen, and they are pre painted. The side scoops are cool to, but I worry that they stick out too much and look phony.

Thanks for the link!!!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Rockin' Blues. I don't care for those louvers I like AMs better, HOWEVER those scoops on the bottom of the page are awesome:bigthumbsup

Now I dont know which I want; the scoops or the louvers? They are expensive $274, but they are the coolest window scoops I've ever seen, and they are pre painted. The side scoops are cool to, but I worry that they stick out too much and look phony.

Thanks for the link!!!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

No problem, The only thing you can't see out of the ones you are looking at so you have a blind spot. I can see out of those from Hubcapsplus, just a thought.

·
Registered
457 Posts

Well, for my '03, I'm thinking cold air intake or rear louvers. My '90, maybe cold air or white face guages. It's hard to decide. I wish I could get it all at one point, but that would take the fun out of it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
A built 9" rear for me.

·
0 Posts
Ford racing 410 gears will be going in on Wednesday with a chrome 8.8 differential cover

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I am trying to keep myself focused on mods that improve both MPG and performance . . .

First I need to install the aluminum driveshaft that I already bought!

Next I was thinking of lowering it. This is mainly for the better stance / appearance but it should reduce drag a little and improve highway MPG a little.

After that I think my budget for 2011 is gone! But ignoring that reality . . .

I might do CM delete plugs or maybe the FRPP manifold (mainly due to relatively low cost)

But I really want a set of long tube headers and catted x-pipes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love my car's look, but in the future I'm considering the removal of the stripes; I will probably have to have the car repainted. I'm thinking going all black with Black Wheels as well. :gringreen

·
Registered
297 Posts
just finished with a full set of GT500 OEM wheels with 285/40/18 rubber which i really like.
but it has that 4x4 look.....time for Ford Racing lowering springs, i just need to screw up some positive attitude to install them myself.

a little worried installing springs only will lead to other issues and parts required. my 3.31 rear end gears must go at some point.

love the new Boss front splitter but comes at an insane cost.

and a shaker intake would be appreciated, just love the fact that they are all available and they all keep me dreaming...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am trying to keep myself focused on mods that improve both MPG and performance . . .

First I need to install the aluminum driveshaft that I already bought!

Next I was thinking of lowering it. This is mainly for the better stance / appearance but it should reduce drag a little and improve highway MPG a little.

After that I think my budget for 2011 is gone! But ignoring that reality . . .

I might do CM delete plugs or maybe the FRPP manifold (mainly due to relatively low cost)

But I really want a set of long tube headers and catted x-pipes!

I used to think that you worried about MPG too much. . . until you told me you drive 100 miles every day. Now I totally understand.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Younglink, are you going from a 3.31 or a 3.55?

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's either cams or long tubes for my next mod, if I actually decide to do anything. I may want to leave the car alone and trade it in next year for a 5.0.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
cant decide between lowering my car or new front bumper

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I got a deal in the works on billet switch plates for the doors.....great deal but wife upset I bought another unnecessary item.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I got a deal in the works on billet switch plates for the doors.....great deal but wife upset I bought another unnecessary item.
What happened to the I wont buy any more parts for a year letter :gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
531 Posts
just finished with a full set of GT500 OEM wheels with 285/40/18 rubber which i really like.
but it has that 4x4 look.....time for Ford Racing lowering springs, i just need to screw up some positive attitude to install them myself.

a little worried installing springs only will lead to other issues and parts required. my 3.31 rear end gears must go at some point.

love the new Boss front splitter but comes at an insane cost.

and a shaker intake would be appreciated, just love the fact that they are all available and they all keep me dreaming...:D
very nice looking stang:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
784 Posts
well i already have an SLP line lock ordered so thats next. but after that, probably steeda stage 1 and 2 drag packs. then some street radials and wheels. hoping to get into 12s with all that before i add more power.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts