Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 gt and the exhaust needs to be replaced. the other day when i was driving it, an exhaust hanger broke off of the pipe right in front of the cat converter. this resulted in a very loud exhaust tone that i have come to like. i currently have flowmasters on it but when the exhaust got welded back up, the exhaust note sounded wimpy and i want it louder :( . was wondering which muffler i should replace the current ones with for a more aggresive tone and more power. i need to replace the entire exhaust because it is hanging about 6 inches further than it should be and the pipes are rusted out and there are several leaks. also, if anyone has an exhaust system or know someone than can do one cheap in and around youngsville, nc, let me know. thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
keep the american thunders and lose the cats. foxbodys love the off road h pipes. wicked easy to install, some even come with the

an off road x pipe sounds good too, but will sound more like a street bike than a car haha.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i didnt mean to post that last reply mid sentence.

i was going to say some even come with the AIR tube to hook up to your air pump. though useless it just makes it so you dont have a tube dangling.

best bet would be to lose the smog pump will your at it to free up some more horse.

you can get little rubber plugs for the back of your heads where the crossover tube bolts to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.