Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So June is finally here and I'm finally gonna get the 09 GT in the next couple weeks.

I don't have a garage to keep it in as of right now so it's gonna stay in the driveway for now. I'm gonna order a cover for it before I get the car so I can have the cover as soon as I get the car.

I need suggestions on which cover to get.

I'll need to be able to get it on and off with relative ease since it wont just be sitting in the drive way and I'll be driving it most days.

Anyone has any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The two best car cover manufacturers are Covercraft and Coverking. Covercraft is tops and has been in business for twenty years longer than competitor Coverking. Both have countless numbers of patterns to create properly fit covers (with pockets for side view mirrors) for most vehicles. They use these patterns with different fabrics for different intended uses (maximum softness and dust protection for inside storage, and maximum weather protection for outside storage). Covercraft uses Kimberly-Clark fabrics such as Noah for quality outdoor covers. The best covers are multi-layer, with a soft inner layer against the car's paint and a UV-repellant outer layer. All good covers must have fabric that breathes to avoid trapping moisture against the car.

Covercraft only sells through distributors - they do not sell direct to consumers. Distributors such as California Car Cover Company sell Covercraft covers, but there are other distributors who charge less for the same Covercraft covers. The Covercraft website has links to California Car Cover Company and a dozen other distributors.

M

·
0 Posts
You won't regret getting a cover - ever! There's actually a few extensive threads on the topic, one of them was mine - I am having a hard time locaing it lol :hihi: if I do I will post it up... with my research I bought the Covercraft evolution for the 07 and a weathershield HD for the 93... and if the HD was out when I was ordering the Evolution - I would have purchased that. That's pretty much to top of the top in their line. That's not the reasons I purchased it though. We do not have a garage and the 93 will be exposed to the elements with a WHITE top... this is the best protection for the money. IMO

I even have 2 reviews of covers posted. I have to wait to get the weathershield for the 93 - it's on order, as soon as we try it out - I'll post a review of that as well.

Good luck in your search! :bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
Not to hijack but this question might help Sean as well...

Out of the brands that Gary listed which one has the best specific body style fit? I haven't pulled the trigger yet myself because I have a garage and wanted to make sure I was getting the best possible fit from the cover I bought.

The only difference from the stock body is the CDC ducktail and the CDC louvers.

I can't imagine they would make a difference.

Thanks for bringing up this thread Sean... you'll get good info here.

Snack

M

·
0 Posts
That's a good question, Snack - which fits better - but unless you purchase one of each - you probably won't know.... because even then, each will have their own opinions...

If I could find my thread :so - I have pics of the evolution on my car. Fits beautifully.

The pics are the first night on the car - it has tightened up a bit and fits nice and snug. Just perfect, actually.

I knew it was here - had to dig quite a bit.

Car Cover Thread

Good luck in your research - I am so glad I don't have to go through that again - it was a tough decision for me! :gringreen

S

·
0 Posts
Cool. Thanks Judi. I just want to ensure that the covers (even though they say custom fit for certain body styles) don't suffer from the "one size fits all" mentality. I like the idea of a custom fit that makes it look like an S197 even with the car on.

Keep us posted on what you go with Sean.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine is the Ford weathershield one. Fits my GT pretty darn nice.
has held up well through all the crazy NJ weather . Also has the stuff silk screened on it, and can be locked on with a cable and padlock. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've always used California Car Cover products and found them to be a very quality product :bigthumbsup( Cal Car Cover – Custom Fit Car Covers, Motorcycle Covers, Cleaning Products, Garage Accessories, Collectibles and More). Their car covers are specific fit items; they have an easy three step process on their web site that will ensure you order a car cover that fits perfectly. They also have a variety of specific fit car covers for all situations and budgets. I like the CustomWeave car cover and have one for each of my cars. The car covers come with a full 4 year warranty and they stand behind all of their products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.