Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know which nitrous kit with purge you think is best for me to go with for up to 200 shot on a built 1995 cobra 5 speed? Brand, Part number will help.

Also anything I should get to go with it

Dave

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out your accessories thread, gave me some good info. I'm not sure I'd want to take the chance of hooking it up by myself being as green as I am. The guy who owns the shop that built the engine said he would help me hook it up for free one weekend so if he does then that would be good but I'd have to pay him something, just wouldn't feel right getting him to do it for free, but then again.... Not sure if he'd want to take the time to hook up any accessories but he might.

The engine installer put a Nitrous setting for me so it ads approx 16% more fuel I think he said and retards the timing.

I'm running thin on mustang money so going to try to sell my black 87 GT 5 speed vert 5.0 for no less than $3500 and use no more than $2,500 for a good system with accessories. Some accessories you listed I'd like to have are
The bottle heater, purge, nitrous pressure gauge, TPS Activation Switch, Nitrous Filter, be really nice to have the Remote bottle opener and window safety switch too

I have Victor EFI intake and a C & L inlet tube with nitrous boss if needed

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Reggie, The first link you gave... The 308101 unit for $1269.56, Looks like it has the purge but not the TPS Activation System which i guess I can still add on as an extra. Does it have everything needed to hook up the system completely except the bottle and mounting brackets for the bottle?

The 2nd link looks like the universal kit number 308751 for ($735.00) has the TPS Activation System and doesn't say anything about the purge. It says it only goes up to a maximum of 150 hp and I want 200 hp so I don't guess it would work for me.

G

·
on the first system it will be about 500 dollars to do the plumbing

something to think about it the one i use with a wot switch plus a nitrous controller......

why do you want a 200 shot......

The wilson 150 hits harder than most 200 shot

again what is the determinig factor for 200 and have you ever sprayed a car.......

here is another system you may want to consider......

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=736

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've sprayed a 150 shot on a 383 stroker but never on a car I've owned.

The reason I want a system that'll go up to atleast 200 is because. First of all I don't know how much more than a 200 shot my build can handle. My first and second gear are good but 3rd and 4th gear need more down the stretch, so I don't even want to go to the track without it. I do want to run the car without it a couple of times to see what it can do but that same day I wanna spray and then see what I can do.

Think I'll go with the Nitrous Express system (NX) 20103-10... and be at the track next friday

on the first system it will be about 500 dollars to do the plumbing

something to think about it the one i use with a wot switch plus a nitrous controller......

why do you want a 200 shot......

The wilson 150 hits harder than most 200 shot

again what is the determinig factor for 200 and have you ever sprayed a car.......

here is another system you may want to consider......

Nitrous Express » Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems » FORD 5.0L EDELBROCK VICTOR PLATE WITH 10 LB BOTTLE

G

·
For the 200 shot & the 347 that you have in the car i certainly hope you have more suspension mods than shown in your sig.....

If not you will ensured of a long & frustrating night at the track......

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't have any luck with the NX system either. Called Summit, Jegs, nitrous express and a company I found on ebay but everyone is atleast 30 days out on it. I don't wanna wait 30 days or more for a delivery date so I'll keep looking.

As far as the suspension all I've done is the Eibach pro springs and the KYB adjustables. I'm more worried about my rearend, tranny and driveshaft. All I'll be running as far as tires is what 's on there. BFG drag radial 315/35/17 , I'll have to be in 3rd gear on before I can use it. I'll start off with 100 shot and work up to the 200 if I can find a system any time soon

For the 200 shot & the 347 that you have in the car i certainly hope you have more suspension mods than shown in your sig.....

If not you will ensured of a long & frustrating night at the track......

G

·
Your driveshaft will be fine the weak link is the stock axles.....

hopefully you have subframe connectors......

JMO spraying a car in 3rd gear is just a waste of n2o

based on what you say the motor in the car is enough.....

I would dial in the the suspension prior to introducing the juice.....

Remember spinning ain't wining.......

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it's under 347 but I was told it's a 365.

I'll check on the subframe connectors, I saw where you had told someone else that around here somewhere. I'm new to this man and just trying to have a little fun before the summers over. Recently diagnosed with melanoma and had surgery 2 weeks ago and don't know what tomorrows gonna bring so wanna have some fun while I can. They think they got it all but no guarantees with that nasty stuff.

I listen to all your advice and wish I woulda went with those 42lb injectors cause I bet I'm gonna need em. I just don't know how it'll run when I'm not spraying it.

G

·
I know it's under 347 but I was told it's a 365.

I'll check on the subframe connectors, I saw where you had told someone else that around here somewhere. I'm new to this man and just trying to have a little fun before the summers over. Recently diagnosed with melanoma and had surgery 2 weeks ago and don't know what tomorrows gonna bring so wanna have some fun while I can. They think they got it all but no guarantees with that nasty stuff.

I listen to all your advice and wish I woulda went with those 42lb injectors cause I bet I'm gonna need em. I just don't know how it'll run when I'm not spraying it.
I wish you the best with your medical condition......

on your motor it would be fine with the 42's......

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Nothing better than a nice direct port system, those things look like a work of art.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
When I feel the moisture I just purge the system:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The NX nitrous system is on the way:bigthumbsup Called Nitrous express back and told em the problem. He found me a system and said it should be here at my door in 3-4 business days. Said it had everything I needed. It was a little over $700 plus the purge, manual bottle heater and gauge.

Hey Reggie, You say the remote bottler valve opener was a waste of time, I was wondering why.

The reason I say I probably couldn't spray until 3rd gear is because it seems like 1st and 2nd red line pretty quickly and haven't put it to the floor in 1st yet. I'm in 3rd in about 3 seconds and might be WELL into 4th by the end of the 1/4 since I have a 3.90 gear. Haven't gotten the speedo cable to correct my mph yet so not sure how far off my MPH are.

I'm excited to get the nitrous going and see how it does, Hope nothing breaks between now and then...Or the day of

G

·
Regarding the opener......

JMO its 200+ dollars that could be spent somewhere else.....

What's is so hard about getting out of the car and opening the bottle.....

I know......

With what you have it would be crazy to even think about spraying on the street........

Hey you need someone to drive it i'll spray it out of the gate and lay down a number for you.......:rollgrin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ahhh I see you decided to do the nitrous shot! Very Cool! :bigthumbsup

Are you running the factory trans and rear end?

And Reg is right, My HP is right about where yours is and I wouldn't dream of using it on the street! :nono: It just isn't safe if you have a high power motor!

Robert

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, it's the factory transmission and rearend.

I took it out on a deserted road yesterday evening around 8pm. With tires spinning, I tapped it to the floor for the first time in 1st and jumped to about 5700 RPm and in no time I was in 4th gear so I might even hit 5th in the 1/4 mile.

My friend was telling me that drag radials will hook at the track so if it does I just hope nothing breaks. This is getting expensive.

I'd like to get in the high tens for now and a guy that I've known since I was a kid is working on getting in the 7's in the 1/4. He's working on a 600ci engine that he ran 8.30's with

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.