Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a oil pump the like or which one is a good one to put on the engine...

thanks in advance...

Also can you check the oil pump when its out the engine if its good...

·
Registered
120 Posts
melling sells a great stock volume oil pump for like 23 dollars. Don't use the old pump, use a standard volume pressure pump like the melling

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You could use either a standard volume or a high volume. If you go with the high volume, get a hardened driveshaft for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you use the high volume you better have baffels in your valve covers.I tried to use the original ones and had to take the baffles out to clear the roller rockers.It slung oil all over the place.

·
0 Posts
They meant a hardened oil pump drive shaft or you will end up with a broken twisted mess in your pan and go with a melling pump i just put one in my 89 gt and they are great and in expensive

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you have a external oil lines (Accusump, remote filter, coolers) then use a high volume pump. Otherwise use a standard volume pump.

Never use a high pressure pump.

The oil pump drive shaft connects the bottom of the distributer to the oil pump, and drive the pump. Always replace that when replacing the pump. I always use the heavy duty billit steel one's.

I generally use Ford Racing pumps. But Melling is also very good.

I also recommend you replace the pick up. The do crack over time, causing the pump to suck air. The bearings don't last long that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.