Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was almost a no brainer to decide to get a new mod with my "tax break" check. A CAI+tunner or new exhaust.(Should it be catback or axleback btw?) Should I get the exhaust before the cai+tunner? Will it make a difference?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Go with the cai. It will give you the best kick for the bucks. Its one of the biggest power gains for the money and very easy to install.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLT+ ??tunner sct, xcal,diablo,

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man! Once again stlw saves the day!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Go with the cai. It will give you the best kick for the bucks. Its one of the biggest power gains for the money and very easy to install.
My name is Andy and I am a mod addict. Oooops, wrong forum:nogrinner!! Finished up my taxes and lo and behold....gettin a few bucks back plus gettin the Economic Stimulus Check so I feel obligated to stimulate the economy with these funds.....I mean, I HAVE to right:gringreen!!! Car ain't even here yet and now I am eyeballin a C&L + tune along with the CDC chin spoiler, black billet fuel door, window tint, quarter window louvers not to mention the wheels, and Pypes layin around the house. I only live about one hour away from Brenspeed so that makes a CAI & Tune, shall we say......FATED right :hihi:???

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
My name is Andy and I am a mod addict. Oooops, wrong forum:nogrinner!! Finished up my taxes and lo and behold....gettin a few bucks back plus gettin the Economic Stimulus Check so I feel obligated to stimulate the economy with these funds.....I mean, I HAVE to right:gringreen!!! Car ain't even here yet and now I am eyeballin a C&L + tune along with the CDC chin spoiler, black billet fuel door, window tint, quarter window louvers not to mention the wheels, and Pypes layin around the house. I only live about one hour away from Brenspeed so that makes a CAI & Tune, shall we say......FATED right :hihi:???
If I lived that close to Brenspeed, I'd be a single guy :shigrin

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
CAI/Tune... Best bang for the buck mod.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Thanks Irish. BTW where is that exhaust vid?!?! Tell your wife to get to helping!! J/K please don't wake the giant!!:laugh:
LOL... If you only knew. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Irish. BTW where is that exhaust vid?!?! Tell your wife to get to helping!! J/K please don't wake the giant!!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I see the site gremlins are back. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
+1 on the CAI and tune. on the note of the cat back vs axle back, i was told this by the guys at my shop hence the reason i did it. not sure if its true but i trust them. somebody correct me if needed. anyway, the guys at the shop told me to not bother with the cat backs for these cars. they said ford did a great job with the mid pipes, they already put in a 2.5" and did a great job with it. so by buying a cat back system your just paying more money for a new mid pipe that is nearly the same as the stock one. so i just go with the axle backs (after the CAI and tune of course). if this is inaccurate i am sorry for posting false info and I'll probably be heading to my shop to get some cat backs. also if this is wrong please feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 on the CAI and tune. on the note of the cat back vs axle back, i was told this by the guys at my shop hence the reason i did it. not sure if its true but i trust them. somebody correct me if needed. anyway, the guys at the shop told me to not bother with the cat backs for these cars. they said ford did a great job with the mid pipes, they already put in a 2.5" and did a great job with it. so by buying a cat back system your just paying more money for a new mid pipe that is nearly the same as the stock one. so i just go with the axle backs (after the CAI and tune of course). if this is inaccurate i am sorry for posting false info and I'll probably be heading to my shop to get some cat backs. also if this is wrong please feel free to correct me.
And this is why I ask what seems to be simple or even dumb questions. Thank you sir for the info.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i am going to be the oddball and say get some new pipes for that best. Some FRPP GTA's are amazing, so are others like Borla, Corsa, Flowmater, and Violators. there are tons of new axlebacks for the S197 and it really wakes up the car.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have the Ford racing GT 5320 A the same as on the SHELBY GT. Ninosport.com Ninosport Mustang Performance Parts 279.00 THEN get an Airaid cai for 295.00 You do not need a tune with this one. The nice thing is you can pull out the venturi tubel later when you can afford a tuner. This is a very nice set up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Steeda CAI and Tune.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steeda CAI and Tune.
Hey Larry what kind of hp/torque gains did you get with the steeda set up? The JLT/xcal3 is showing gains of 28-32 on a 93 oct tune.

G

·
definitely go with CAI + tune first
then bye only an axle back, I have bought borla cat back and the new pipes are wast of money the same size as the original. the only thing is that they are lighter. and they will cause you more headache than benefit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.