Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autozone has 4 rear main seals, what one would be better?

Felpro rubber 8.50
Felpro teflon 20.00
Rol ? offset lip rubber 20.00
Rol ? rubber 15.00

Removed the old one from wifes 94 GT with 59k because of a small annoying leak and because of how hard it is to get to I want to use whatever would be best.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
go to the dealer
i did mine when i did my clutch and also did the oil pan gasket. if the pan gasket is leaking and you have the original soft rubber one, id reccomend doing that too

·
Registered
897 Posts
lois94 said:
Autozone has 4 rear main seals, what one would be better?

Felpro rubber 8.50
Felpro teflon 20.00
Rol ? offset lip rubber 20.00
Rol ? rubber 15.00

Removed the old one from wifes 94 GT with 59k because of a small annoying leak and because of how hard it is to get to I want to use whatever would be best.
I would go with the offset lip rubber type. Check the surface of the crank and see if it has a small line where the original seal lip runs, if it does, the offset alternative will work best.

Another way is to use any of the other options and take the small spring off of the seal, unweave it, cut a small section (1/32") and weave it back and reinstall on the seal. This will increase the pressure of the seal's lip on the crank surface and its seal.

I tell you after replacing mine 3 times before and having that annoying oil drop on the driveway. Did the spring trick after reading about it in C&C magazine and, now the driveway is dry.

BTW, could you get that offset lip seal brand and part # for me. It will be appreciated. GL

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Fel Pro Part # BS40620

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.