Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ideal drop would be 1.5 in the front and 1.0 in the back with all the isolators. I can only find springs that dorp the whole car 1.5 or drop the car like 2.0 in the front and 1.6 in the rear which is too low for my daily driver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea the only thing i've found, and i actually just ordered are the eibach pro series springs. The lower you car like 1.5 all around and i dont think you'll find good performance springs without sacrificing atleast that much drop. I ordered them because they have awsome reviews and i got a good deal on them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Check with Vogtland, I know they make a set of "leveling" springs for the S197 that gives the type drop you're looking for, may have them for other years as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used BMRs on my 07 and retained a near stock ride with improved handling. I can't remember how much they lowered my car, but it was about an inch in the back and an inch and a quarter in the front. I used Eibach Pro Series on my 96 and the ride is a little stiffer, especially after I installed new BBK lower control arms in the rear. They dropped my Stang in the weeds, but she looks fantastic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking about running H&R race springs with no front iso's. Will running with no front iso's create noise?

·
Registered
420 Posts
how about ford racing c springs. i have them and i love them for what they are.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have the ford f springs, i like them alot, they drop it in the back a little more thatn the c springs.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
i use the eibach pro-kit springs. they have about the perfect stance without being too low. the ride is nice, the handling much improved, and i dont really have any scraping issues. i would definately recomend them to someone using them on a daily driver type of vehicle ... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
177 Posts
im thinking about running H&R race springs with no front iso's. Will running with no front iso's create noise?
I have the H & R race springs on my 02 GT as part of the Maximum Motorsports Starter Box and they dropped the car roughly 1 inch. My guess is you would experience some noise and squeaking without the isolators. Also, the race springs are very firm. Not unliveable but the seams inbetween concrete freeway sections can be harsh. If I had it to do over again I would go for softer springs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i definitly running iso's now.....since u said the race springs are a little stiff im thinking about going with the super sports now....

but will it lower my car so much that it messes with my camber???

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yup!

Check with Vogtland, I know they make a set of "leveling" springs for the S197 that gives the type drop you're looking for, may have them for other years as well.
I'm partial to the German Vogtlands as well, hell their on my car, haha! :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.