Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an 06 Roush Stage One. I can't seem to find any information on the Roush Supercharger. If you go to their website, it states that it is not street legal. The Ford dealer says that they do install them, and they are legal. The Vortech supercharger is 50 state legal and they claim 480h.p. It appears that the Vortech comes with 39lb. injectors. I wanted to keep it completely Roush, but it is possible that Roush doesn't even manufacture their charger. If someone has info, please let me know. I was trying to stay away from the screw style chargers.

Thanks,

Chris B.

·
Registered
333 Posts
they are legal in the sense that you can use them, but the roush kit does not have a CARB EO# issued yet which means it is not legal in california at this time.Roush does NOT make their own kit entirely.The blower is an eaton style from Magnuson superchargers and the brackets etc. are made by roush.Injectors,fuel system etc. will likely be fronm another company as well.If you decide to go with the vortech kit let me know as I can probably get you a good deal...chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the Vortech with after cooler (462h.p.) at jegs.com for for $4349.00 with free shipping.

Superchagersonline.com had it for the same $4349.00 but there is another $100+ for shipping.

Superchargersforless.com has the best deal so far at $3977.00+shipping.

What does it cost to have one of these installed and will it void my engine warranty?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't know about install but it probably will void a good chunk of your drivetrain warranty. Obviously they can't void the warranty for your radio because you installed a supercharger but for the engine, tranny, probably rear end you'll be on your own.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ford will try and void your warranty with a blower on the car, but keep in mind if something happens to the engine they cannot automatically void it just because you have a blower on the car..They need to prove the blower caused any damage to the engine etc. or it is a violation of the magnuson-moss act...Also, I have had my vortech on the car for about 4k now with no issues whatsoever and I drive 60mi each way to work 3 days a week!..it is a flawless kit from what I have seen.my friend sean from extreme mustang will match the best price you got from that online house.He does all of vortech's special projects along with GMS,steeda and saleen's special stuff.He is a personal friend of mine so if you want call him @ 818 883 8836 and tell him chris from banks referred you.Make sure you mention the deal from superchargers4less and he will match it for you.Oh, BTW that guy is a pharmacist who does online selling on the 'net so he carries no inventory...just a little tid bit of info for you

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
well it just showed up on the new products list for the 05 stang, so maybe they got it now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too found that listing, but it does not say anything about it, what it comes with, nothing. It also does not mention final horsepower once installed. As you can see it much more expensive than the Vortech.

I spoke with the general manager of my local dealership and he said than the roush supercharger would be completely covered with no voiding of warranties but the Vortech could void the warranty depending on what goes wrong. So if anyone has a line on information about the Roush Supercharger, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
333 Posts
Keep on thing in mind.Your dealership covering the roush kit under warranty should something happen is solely up to them.some dealerships that install a blower kit will warrant the product,car etc. should something go wrong, BUT remember one thing: if you should go to ANOTHER dealership for service etc. they can and most often will VOID YOUR WARRANTY.I know this first hand working here at Banks.We have tons of ford,chevy and dodge dealerships that sell and install our products, but often times a customer will take their vehicle to another dealer for serive because they moved or whatever and that dealer wants nothing to do with the products that are on the car and will attempt to void the customers warranty and then it gets into a BIG mess.There are also many dealers who install Vortech blowers as well and again it is a "dealer to dealer" decision, so remember just because it says "roush or saleen" on it does not mean is is covered under your factory warranty policy issued by ford!.These items are still considered "aftermarket" add ons and although both companies work directly with Ford (as we do ) they are designed to alter the original configuration of the vehicle and therefore can be subject to warranty denial...So, in short save the $$$ and get the VORTECH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts