Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ive been looking into getting a T-Lok for a while and i know the 7.5in 28spline are for the v6's but would a 8.8in 28sline and 3.73 gears? If not thats fine, i was curious.
Also where is the best place to get a T-Lok for my sixer? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
368 Posts
am has them or stangmod if you want both gears and tlock. First you gotta figure what are your future goals if no crazy power then 7.5 will be fine. If you want a power adder or built motor look into a locker or 8.8

·
Registered
308 Posts
I picked mine up from summit racing just because it's free next day delivery for me seeing im about 3 hours away from their warehouse

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
okay so here's the deal with t-locks. 7.5 or 8.8 refers to the physical size of the rear end. you cant use an 8.8 differential with a 7.5 rear end. it will simply not fit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My 07 is the 7.5 which is stock

·
Registered
992 Posts
I put one in mine last week. I got it from Randy's Ring & Pinoin. I'm a dealer for them, so naturally that's where I got it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay and im hoping to eventually get up to around 300HP, I know its do able its just having the money and the time since its my dd right now. i know am muscle has one but that one is like $400 they apparently discountinued the other one that was only like $250. So were else could i get one, for around that same price?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I paid 180$ from summit

·
Registered
308 Posts
It was a ford racing as well for just the tlock

·
Registered
66 Posts
Save yourself a bigass headache. HUGE TIME and just buy a complete axle from a GT. it'll come with 3:27's though. did that on my six got the axle for 100 bucks but 1 side was bent i just replaced the bent axle shaft with my old 7.5 axle.but i had hella friends around with hella expierience around mechanics. dont worry about the Rear axle from a gt being heavier then 7.5 its not. its the same weight people who tell you that are retards.
Another thing if you have money buy yourself some polyurethane bushings. it'll stop squicky noises and you'll feel the power putting down with ur new axle if u do go this way. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
368 Posts
i would look into a 8.8 if i were you. i just didn't cause in my area they are way too much money. so i did the tlock install myself and getting gears installed in a month. Later when i get more power i'm getting a locker

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If i decide to go with the 7.5 were is the best place to get it for under $300?

·
Registered
308 Posts
If i decide to go with the 7.5 were is the best place to get it for under $300?
Cheapest I found the gears were about $150 and cheapest I found the tlock was $180. The tlock was from summit and I bought the gears from my tuner. Search the Internet for them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which t lock on summit was it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts