Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 mustang gt. Have had bbk off road x, mil eliminators with flowmaster 40 series catback system. I just got pypes long tube headers, k&n fip kit cai, 78mm bbk throttle intake. And the diablosport predator. So, I have read some good things about both Coastal Dyno and Ramseys Performance for getting a custom tune written and dyno tune the car. I want some input however from some people that have had these shops custom tune there.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Neither!! With your Mods I'd just load the 93 Octane performance tune from the Predator then datalog to see if you can add more spark advance, a full blown Custom Dyno tune would be a waste of money at this point!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither!! With your Mods I'd just load the 93 Octane performance tune from the Predator then datalog to see if you can add more spark advance, a full blown Custom Dyno tune would be a waste of money at this point!
so this will not run it too lean. And datalogging will tell me everything I need to know to tune? I was leaning toward dyno tune mainly because of the a/f readout.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
PM me, I'll hook you up with the best tuner anywhere...luckily he's in Clearwater and will be worth every penny....custom is the only way to go.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
with just bolt ons a Dyno tune isn't necessary, I've seen the air fuels on quite a few Predator canned 93 Octane tunes their pretty close to where you wanna be, mine was 13.0, I added a bit more fuel for 12.6 but it was is fine without adjustments!
FYI you can't datalog A/F ratio with the Hand held!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that mail order tunes are good but I still want the satisfaction of dyno tuning it... When I leave the tuner I will KNOW that the tune is correct. Not just hoping. That being said which one should I use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.