Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out what throttle body to order? I am ordering a throttle body and diabloSport predator tuner monday and I am planning on upgrading to bbk long tube headers and high flow x pipe next month and putting a procharger on by December. Do I need a 70mm or 75 mm?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If you're sure you're getting the blower, get a 75mm. If you're not gonna put a blower on, then the 70mm will do just fine.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
It might hurt your bottom end a little but it will be ideal once you get the blower.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yep, it's not gonna do anything that will kill the motor, but it's definitely not the perfect setup for a naturally aspirated motor. Go ahead and get the 75mm.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think MM&FF done a story on throttle bodies for forced induction and found a few more horses when switching from a 70mm to a 75mm (3 to 5hp). If you know that the Procharger is going on just buy the 75mm.

97 GT 5spd
Tremec TKO, Ram flywheel & powergrip clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, FRPP Aluminum driveshaft, BBK Ceramic long tubes, BBK short X-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks catback, SCT Xcal tuner, 13" Cobra brake kit, 17" 98 Cobra rims

I have pi heads and everything needed to install on the way

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Does the intake that your using have a 75mm opening? Cause I really dont see the point of getting a large TB if the intake opening is smaller than the TB itself.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Doesn't really matter about the current intake. When he boosts that thing every little restriction that's removed helps.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I agree except that the restriction would still be there if the intake opening is smaller than the TB. It would be like me putting on a 75mm TB on my GT-40 intake, the intake is only 70mm so it couldnt really take advantage of the extra size.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got a Die grinder?.........port the plenum

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
definately get the 75mm, save for C&L (your choice here) plenum, and put both on together. Have no knowledge of being able to port stock plenum for 75mm TB but worth looking at. Some of the normal bolts-ons will not feel like much N/A but WILL make a difference once it's puffed - it all adds up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.