Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tire size looks best on 18" fan blade wheels?

I wanted to get the staggered chrome deep dish Bullitts wheel and tire package from Late Model Resteration but just spent more money on coesmetic parts so they will have to wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm assuming you have the 50's on there now you could go with a 45 possibly a 40 series tire. Car looks good lowered like that Iv'e been considering that myself but I'm back and forth on going with 20's so I'm waiting.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming you have the 50's on there now you could go with a 45 possibly a 40 series tire. Car looks good lowered like that Iv'e been considering that myself but I'm back and forth on going with 20's so I'm waiting.
Yes, I currently have the original 235/50/18 and I have the car lowered with Eibach lowering springs.

So I could go to a 40 series, what about wider?

·
Registered
457 Posts
IMO, I would wait a bit for the DD bullitts then and do it right.... Fronts 255/45/18 on 9" rims and Rears 285/40/18 on 10" rims. All on Nitto 555's. Looks really good !!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes, I currently have the original 235/50/18 and I have the car lowered with Eibach lowering springs.

So I could go to a 40 series, what about wider?
255 tire is the widest tire recommended for your stock wheel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i just put on a set of nittos . the rears being 255 45 . and in my opinion you could go as wide as 275,s in back .ill post some pics as soon as i get home .

·
Registered
825 Posts
i just put on a set of nittos . the rears being 255 45 . and in my opinion you could go as wide as 275,s in back .ill post some pics as soon as i get home .
No reputable tire shop will mount a 275 on the stock rim.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please pst pics, I'd like to see them:winks

·
Registered
594 Posts
IMO, I would wait a bit for the DD bullitts then and do it right.... Fronts 255/45/18 on 9" rims and Rears 285/40/18 on 10" rims. All on Nitto 555's. Looks really good !!
++++1 on the staggered have B.F.Goodrich G-Force Super Sport A/S on mine now but will be putting on the Nitto 555' by summer. :gringreen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts