OPTION THREE

OPTION FOUR

OPTION FIVE

OPTION SIX - None of the above...Suggestion attached

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The images are broken links to me.

Depends what application. For a daily driver with good noise and overall grip with some street attitude I would go with Nitto Invos. A more budget minded tire for a nice summer tire would be the Hankook Ventus V12. For more of a street application, most of my buds love the NT-05's; the Dunlop Star Spec's are another favorite.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pictures fixed!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I definitely think you should get round wheels, the square ones just ride too rough...:gringreen

Asking a bunch of people which wheels you should get is pretty much useless, get the ones that you have the greatest feeling for, what everyone else likes makes no difference.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
They are all pretty nice wheels. The Konig's are pretty nice lookin, as they have a resemblance to the Stock mustang wheels with a bit of flare that would go really well with your car.

Most "ricers" around here have the red lip. So, people here would associate the "ricer" look with those.

However, get what you like the most :)

Wheels I like the most:

RTR -

TSW Nurburgrings -

(I'd pick these between the two though)

Why? They look gorgeous being rotary forged... and best of all, they are SUUUUUUUPER light. Increased fuel efficiency & delivery of HP to the ground. :bigthumbsup

======

If 'show' is more of an option. I like these:

KMC Rockstar -

Giovanna Dalar-5 -

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Also something very important to note. If you have ever owned a black car, you know what a pain it is to keep it good looking. Now, multiply the annoying factor by about 10, and you got how much of a pain it is for gloss black wheels. Keeping gloss black wheels clean is next to IMPOSSIBLE. Driving down one street will get them dirty.

I'd suggest matte gunmetal or matte black if you are going for the black look. (plus it will match your trim/decals! :))

·
Registered
837 Posts
I vote option 1. They would look awesome with your red

As for wheels getting dirty, that is true. My PP wheel were a pain to keep clean.. and cleaning ten spokes isn't fun

But after seeing this video, I decided to give ArmorAll Wheel Protectant a try. It works wonders. My PP wheels are staying black for a lot longer, and the grime is easier to wipe off without needing water. I have Black Magic wheel cleaner that I would spray on before washing my car, but the crap still stayed on. Now, a quick rinse and wipe it's clean

‪Armor All Wheel Protectant Test on an Aston Martin‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Easy choice. #2; It's much lighter.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Konig's a better make then drag.

cant say which one i'd pick tho because every wheel here listed as a option ive seen only on imports lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
option 1 most def , if they are like less than 19 inch i think they would look ricey , also 8 1/2 inch wide or bigger.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Keep on looking there are some sites that will let you image the wheels on your car before you buy.

I believe this is the site.

www.tirerack.com (link is hijacked by advertisement, manually type it in)

I'm a huge fan of RTR wheels, well the whole damn car I love :)

Mustang RTR Wheels at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Rating based on looks alone, only out of the ones you posted, I went with number 4.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Check the tire prices before you buy the rims! I want to try the wheel protectant stuff on my pp wheels.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Not digging any of them. The redline time attack theme was overplayed so much 5 years ago that I put my Rays up for sale. Every company copied it and then everyone 16 yr old with a can of red paint followed suit.

I agree with GRABBER3.7L. All of the options look like they're styled toward import vechicles.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Easy choice. #2; It's much lighter.

Does anyone know if any of these wheels can be ordered with a color swap? So, instead of the red outer circle, a blue one? I think that would be pretty impressive on a blue stang.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Does anyone know if any of these wheels can be ordered with a color swap? So, instead of the red outer circle, a blue one? I think that would be pretty impressive on a blue stang.
Call Drag. Last time I looked, their site (not wheel retailers) only listed a red stripe but you never know.

Not my thing, but I understand you wanting the stripe. I wonder if enough people want that for some company to just leave a notch and sell giant o-rings in any color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts