Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused as to which tires to put onto my 05 GT. I have a new set of Roush 18x10s. I want a performance tire that isn't that expensive and can be used as a daily driver and for weekend racing. It should have close to 500 horsepower when I'm done with it. So I want tires that can handle it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fordguy13 said:
I am so confused as to which tires to put onto my 05 GT. I have a new set of Roush 18x10s. I want a performance tire that isn't that expensive and can be used as a daily driver and for weekend racing. It should have close to 500 horsepower when I'm done with it. So I want tires that can handle it.
Not to sound crazy here, but if you have the cash to get your car up to about 500hp spend the money on a real good set of tires, otherwise with that much power your not going to be doing anything but spinning them and buying new ones in a few months, LOL Sorry I'm not a tire expert so no recommendations just wanted to comment :heha:

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
The KDW is a good tire, but noisy. They're not good enough for 500 hp though.

I agree with what dekujala said. Spend more money on the tires. It's one of the best performance mods you can make. Better tires will improve your handling, traction, and most importantly your braking.

G

·
500 HP? That will require proper hook up for good ET times and the tires needed to do that will not be good street/ rain tires. Of course there are good "compromises". I don't think the Goodyear drags are made for the 2005 Stang yet, at least last time I looked.

If you have the cash, and it sounds like you do, I would keep some ownage g-machine radials for the street and some 15"-16" Bogarts with MT drags for the track.

If/ when I get a supercharger I will prolly put Nitto Extreme Drags on my back for street use. Mind you, they will hook nice but, they will wear faster, and put Nitto Extreme ZR's in the front for handling. I don't plan on hitting the track a whole lot but, like I said IF I did, I would put ZR's on all 4's, and then bring Bogarts to the track, fat meats in back and frontrunners up front.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
dusty1 said:
I checked that website, but in a 255 45 R18, I could only find a KDW in a Y-series, not a Z-series. Did I miss it somehow?
Y is better

·
Registered
559 Posts
I booted with Falken GR451 in 255/45/18 and they seem to be very sticky...

Each tire was about $174.00...

Good wet traction too but definitely not a winter tire...

Dave :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drive an F-150 as my daily driver so I don't really need a good all around tire. I will mainly be using it for dragging at my local strip and autocross on occasion.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am leaning torwards BFGoodrich g-frorce T/A KDW

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am leaning torwards BFGoodrich g-frorce T/A KDWs

·
Registered
255 Posts
You'll need a better tire than that for 500 hp.
Check out some of the Maximum Perfformance and Competition tires out there.
The Dunlop SP Sport 9000 is a really good tire and it comes in 285/40/18.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts