Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My job requires about 100 miles driving a day, so I'll be putting about 30k a year on my Stang..YIKES! Wish I could afford to have a weekend car but unfortunately I haven't hit that point yet. I have been running the 91 race tune but I'm not so sure I can afford to wear my engine down (if that's even the case) and wear the tires down. I'd hate to give it up but I'd sacrifice power for long term. I'll be paying on the car for a while if that helps any! The fuel offered in my area ranges from 87-93..I've been running 93 and 91 for the last fillups.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
806 Posts
if your talking abot a bama tune then you should be ok. those tunes are usually pig rich. im sure your not pushing any major mods so the only problem here is whether you want to pay the extra 10 cents or so for 91 versus 87 or 89. no extra wear or tear, i run the race tune on my cobra for over a year and have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's the bama tune. I've really been impressed with it, only thing that bugs me is when I'm not pressing the gas...car still wants to semi-go which would be ok if my exhaust wouldn't hang for 3 seconds at half an rpm! :gringreen

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You will have no issues running you 91 race tune, on mine with the 93 race tune and the 89 performance tune witht the JLT CAI I'm netting 3d or so miles per tank more than stock! Better performance & better gas mileage, what's not to like? Enjoy!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really wanting that CAI but the wife wants me to hold off for a while. I played the whole gas mileage angle to no avail!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'm really wanting that CAI but the wife wants me to hold off for a while. I played the whole gas mileage angle to no avail!
Keep trying. You have a birthday coming up? Tell her as your present that you want to be able to purchase it :gringreen

·
Registered
594 Posts
I drive about 90 miles aday with my 08 GT and I have been running the 93 tune if my car for the last 2 years and I get about 24-25 mpg hwy no problems with the car only $2.00 per tank extra per fill-up but the performance is better if I want to get a little heavy with the right foot LOL. :cooldude:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will stick with the race tune then, was hoping to hear those replies. Do any of you know if Tillmans open for business today? Not having luck on the phone. I'm trying to calculate when an ordered item is going to arrive. Last question..for today that is.:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts