Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. ive done like 5 years worth of research and im still not getting this tuning deal. forst of all which one is better the diablo sport tuner or the SCT? and whats the difference between the Sf3 and the xcal3? i just done get whats going on. i have exhaust and Intake mods so dar and im runnin 93 anyways to help the idle. all this "parameters" stuff is scaring me and i dont wanna pay more money to go to a dyno shop so they can do it. i need the serious run down from day of purchase to the second of maximum power increase yeild.

thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
The diablo and sct tuners pretty much do the same thing however the sct is more popular. I have the sct x3 from brenspeed, which came with 3 tunes designed around my mods. No parameters need to be changed. Just load one up. I think the sf3 you need to select your mods from the list built into the scanner. If you dont want to mess with things go with the x3. It is literally one of the easiest things to do.

The x3 all you need to do is select what octane you want and thats it

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
X3 with custom dyno tune, anything else is just a canned tune, Mike. SCT Tuner:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need it in a "dear diary" form of explanation. pretend im retarted or something lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
i need it in a "dear diary" form of explanation. pretend im retarted or something lol
You can read about both of them at americanmuscle.com.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I own the Diablo, and I am happy with it, but if I were shopping today, I would go with the SCT...

Unless I was going to get involved with monitoring wideband O2, then I would look at the offerings from Innovate.

(NOTE to the OP: Being able to do wideband monitoring is an "advanced" option for the more serious - and it costs more, needless to say. It also makes it possible to scientifically measure the effects of various changes these handheld tuners can perform, which usually requires a dyno session to evaluate).

·
Registered
268 Posts
SCT hands down.

IMO the Cust. Service is alot better too.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Schon, Find a good dyno guy in your area and hang out with him while he tunes your car. You'll learn so much, you'll be glad you did it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol thanks mike. ill find my dyno mate and we'll laugh and make merry. do i still buy the tuner or do i just find this legendary guy

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Find out what he uses before you buy anything, that way you have the right equipment for the job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.