Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt see any option to put up a poll so I'll just straight up ask. I hear Steedas are good cause they arent piggyback type. But looking at the price to how much power they make(or free up rather) to how big a pain in the ass they are to install ratio. Which ones would yall say are the best.

Steeda
BBK
March Performance
Any others?

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's my opinion that if your gonna go with under drive pulleys, don't go piggy back. The reason the non-piggyback versions are more $ is because they replace the stock balancer. With that being said, any underdrive pulleys are a waste of money if you plan on adding a supercharger down the road. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
434 Posts
dont go with piggy back style pullies......I have steeda pulleys and i got them on E Bay for about $160 i think.....they are SFI approved and are all one piece....they free up about 10-15 HP in the top end.......it cost me about $80 for the install cuz i dont have an impact wrench......i hear that March is OEM equipment on the 2000 Cobra R, but i dont know of anyone that is running with the March Pulleys.......i think that they are worth the $$ cuz any performance gains are good gains......if you have other mods as well, they will add up to some nice gains......

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
enorbit3 said:
dont go with piggy back style pullies......I have steeda pulleys and i got them on E Bay for about $160 i think.....they are SFI approved and are all one piece....they free up about 10-15 HP in the top end.......it cost me about $80 for the install cuz i dont have an impact wrench......i hear that March is OEM equipment on the 2000 Cobra R, but i dont know of anyone that is running with the March Pulleys.......i think that they are worth the $$ cuz any performance gains are good gains......if you have other mods as well, they will add up to some nice gains......

Well I do have an impact wrench but I will still prolly pay someone to to it cause what seems to be the harder part to me is having to have a 3 jaw puller to get the crank pulley assembly off.

·
Registered
434 Posts
what pulleys have u decided on.....i have heard bad things about the ASP pulleys....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, Im not gonna be getting any right now but soon, and I wouold probably say Steeda. As I havent even made the first car payment and already put on full exhaust, gears, shifter, and cai, I figure I will wait on that a little bit maybe a couple weeks or so :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.