1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
51 Posts
#1's are the latest SN95 Optional GT and older Cobra wheels (Ford)

#'s 2 & 4 are the same wheels, they are the early Cobra R wheels (also Ford)

#3's are the older Steeda Ultralites designed for the SN95 (Steeda)

You can probably get all of those at MustangTuning.com, and Steeda also has its own website. Personally, I like the Steedas (#3) the best, but they would all look pretty hot. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
By the way, it appears that the Steeda wheels are currently marked down at Steeda's official website. They are also available in chrome like the other pictures you provided. www.steeda.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot! I like the thicker look of #1. Do you know if they come in 18inch?

I currently have 17 inch. Would the 18in. fill some space in the wheel well area?

Is the following the #1 wheel? They all look pretty similar to me when comparing them...

http://www.mustangtuning.com/chrome-18x9-1995-cobra-r-wheel.html

Thanks again

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the rims in the first pic on my car....which is a 2003 gt covertible. They kinda have a cobra look but i found out that you could buy those as a option with the premium package. I didnt buy the car new so i found that out. The others are also cobra rims or cobra style rims. Check out my gallery to see the rims on my car, and check the links to see the other wheels. as you said one of the rims is the same just a different angle. I have been thinking of getting different rims so if your interested i just might be selling mine.

http://www.mustangtuning.com/ch20corwh1.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. So, if I understood you correctly you have the rims in the first pic, but they are not cobra rims, but instead they are a GT premium wheel? Are they 18 inch?

So they look similar to the link you posted:

but not the exact wheel.

They look very nice, and I would be interested in talking with you if you wanted to sell them. Right now I am just looking at my options.

Thank you

·
Registered
51 Posts
The link that you posted above is for the #2 & 4 wheel. To the best of my knowledge, the #1 wheel only comes in 17 inch, and yes, it is the newer SN95 GT Premium wheel. This is a link to it. FordRacingParts

As for the question about filling the wheel well, it should look great with 18's and you could complete the look by lowering your car. Glad I could help you out, good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
160 Posts
spetsacdc said:
Ok, thanks. So, if I understood you correctly you have the rims in the first pic, but they are not cobra rims, but instead they are a GT premium wheel? Are they 18 inch?

So they look similar to the link you posted:

but not the exact wheel.

They look very nice, and I would be interested in talking with you if you wanted to sell them. Right now I am just looking at my options.

Thank you
yes i have the rims in the first pic. I found out they were a option on the gt premium. When i first saw the car from the road i thought it was a cobra from the rims. They do have a cobra look to them. The rims are only 17 and are polished aluminum. At first i thought they were chrome becuase they were so shinny then later i could tell. Im thinking about different rims but not in a real big hurry becuase they do look nice and i can use the money for other things (mods) since I already have pretty nice rims on the car. I was also looking for 18s and different chrome style wheels to fill the gap up but im also lowering the car so after i do that i will be able to see how much better it will look with the 17s still on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the question about filling the wheel well, it should look great with 18's and you could complete the look by lowering your car. Glad I could help you out, good luck with your decision!
I had a very bad experience with the car lowered. It turns out the previous owner had lowered my car 2 inches with some aftermarket springs and the tires were hitting the wheels wells and wearing down very quickly.
I was foolish and paid to have new stock springs put on to fix it.

yes i have the rims in the first pic. I found out they were a option on the gt premium. When i first saw the car from the road i thought it was a cobra from the rims. They do have a cobra look to them. The rims are only 17 and are polished aluminum. At first i thought they were chrome becuase they were so shinny then later i could tell. Im thinking about different rims but not in a real big hurry becuase they do look nice and i can use the money for other things (mods) since I already have pretty nice rims on the car. I was also looking for 18s and different chrome style wheels to fill the gap up but im also lowering the car so after i do that i will be able to see how much better it will look with the 17s still on.
The wheels do look very nice. I would still be interested in buying them. I am not in a hurry to get new rims. Theoretically, about how much would they cost?

·
Registered
160 Posts
spetsacdc said:
I had a very bad experience with the car lowered. It turns out the previous owner had lowered my car 2 inches with some aftermarket springs and the tires were hitting the wheels wells and wearing down very quickly.
I was foolish and paid to have new stock springs put on to fix it.

Well i hope mine will be done right. I got the Eibach pro-kit that only lowers it about 1.25 maybe a little more not sure and i also have some caster camber plates. I plan on getting it done at professional speed shop so hopefully i wont have any problems.

The wheels do look very nice. I would still be interested in buying them. I am not in a hurry to get new rims. Theoretically, about how much would they cost?
I dont know what the price was for those rims as a option. But from the link that legendstang2005 sent you, ford racing wants 220 each for the rims and they are the exact ones that i have other then the center cap having the cobra logo. And if you buy the wheel from fordracing they are going to be higher then the replica wheels that look just like ford original wheels. Check out this link it shows the wheels at the bottom of the page for the mustang as a option.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/

Ill PM you about my wheels

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aight thanks, I'll wait for the pm

·
Registered
98 Posts
Like someone said 1 is the optional premium wheel for the 03-04 mustang and is 17" . 2&4 are aftermarket wheels that you can probably get in 18s if you look hard enough. #3 is definately the steeda wheel and come in 18s as well. good luck with your search. :eyebulge:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.