Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll, I current have flowmaster 40s on my car with the stock H-pipe. They have a good sound but aren't very loud. I looking for something louder but with a nice deep tone.. not as much of a high raspy sound. I think the mustangs that are more of a raspy loud sound mean:worship... but im looking for more of a lower rumble/growl when driving.:D I know the putting a off-road mid pipe is what a lot of people do for sound, but I am afraid of loosing low end torque. I know a lot of people say that they give you more horse power and doesn't hurt your bottom end, but when i replace the exhaust on my v6 and put true duels it lost a lot of bottom end :/ so i am afraid to go off-road for a meaner sound because of bottom end. I was looking at the SLP LM1 and the magna packs as well.... anyone have any experiences with different muffler and stock mid-pipe combo's? And I dont wanna replace the rear gears to compensate for any low-end loss.... I want the gears to be used to their full potential if i was to swap them :yelpleased:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
If you have a 3.8 V6 you are in the wrong section try the V6 section for your cars they can help you out better.

But as far as the race style mufflers people tend to get raspy sounds from them an x-pipe is gonna give you a raspy sound h-pipe is deeper sound off road pipes are gonna be louder.

·
Registered
196 Posts
get a o/r bassani X with flow 40 series!! sick ass sound! i had instant gains when dropped my first offroad mid on any of my Mustangs. i love my bassani :cooldude: dont be afraid of O/R Mid pipes

·
Registered
196 Posts
i should of asked what engine u had im thinkin 4.6 whoops

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a GT.... its in my signature. The v6 was a old car that I dont have any more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don't want to loose any back pressure you can get a catted mid pipe that way you will still get the mean deep tone but keep the low end torque as well. Putting new gears on will def make t pull harder I just got 3.73 s and steeda underdrive pulley kit and I can really feel it. I wish I would of driven my car right after the pulley swap to see the differnce with them as some say they do nothing well others feel it alot but overall like the others said a x pipe is raspy to some degree but still louder but h pipe is deeper more old school muscle the Mac h pipe is nice as well as bbk Catted mid pipe that will also be my next mod I have a custom cat back already so I listen tO exhaust clips on you tube to see what I lke I'd do the same either way just get what you like not what others say they like it's your car go with your feelings

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
‪2002 Mustang GT Bassani o/r X Flowmaster Super 44's‬‏ - YouTube

ok so I found this exhaust set up while searching you tube earlier..... i know this isnt the low rumble sound i said i was looking for but this is just sick sounding!! Anyone have a Bassani off road x and original 40s? It would be awsome if I could get this sound without having to change to 44s as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found the bassani off road x pipe for $230 at rpm outlet.... not to bad considering what they can cost

·
Registered
196 Posts
‪2002 Mustang GT Bassani o/r X Flowmaster Super 44's‬‏ - YouTube

ok so I found this exhaust set up while searching you tube earlier..... i know this isnt the low rumble sound i said i was looking for but this is just sick sounding!! Anyone have a Bassani off road x and original 40s? It would be awsome if I could get this sound without having to change to 44s as well
dude thats the set-up i have (bassani x / original 40's) that i said to get in a earier comment......

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I have the pypes o/r x with flows, check out my profile. I think it sounds decent:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
rpm outlet sucks. ive heard nothing but horror stories about them.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well what I'm noticing is that people complain their car is not "loud" when in fact if you were to hear it from the outside you'd think differently...the modern cars are alot quieter inside than they used to be..you might have someone drive/rev your car for you while you are outside of it before making it "louder"
here's mine with headers, catted H and dual 40s...it certainly isn't quiet
‪Cobra‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dude thats the set-up i have (bassani x / original 40's) that i said to get in a earier comment......
haha.....my bad... i didnt even realize that man. Did you listen to the clip with the bassani off-road x and supper 44s? Does you set up sound very similar? From some of the clips i have heard the 40s with the bassani sound good, but they dont seem to have the same exhaust note that I like in the clip with the 44s and the bassani x. The guy in the clips said the he also had 4in tips....would that affect the sound as well?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the pypes o/r x with flows, check out my profile. I think it sounds decent:bigthumbsup
Sounds good man.... Do you have the 40s or the 44s? And would your motor being blown make a difference in tone? Seems like it would......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well what I'm noticing is that people complain their car is not "loud" when in fact if you were to hear it from the outside you'd think differently...the modern cars are alot quieter inside than they used to be..you might have someone drive/rev your car for you while you are outside of it before making it "louder"
here's mine with headers, catted H and dual 40s...it certainly isn't quiet

I have heard my car on the outside b4 and it is deff not quite when in the higher rpms. I just want to have that growl down low when driving around. I am a little nervouse that it will make my car to damn loud but i dont know of any other way to get the lower rpm growl that I want

1 - 16 of 16 Posts