Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I am driving my car there is always a small whistle, I replaced all vacuum lines, pcv valve, new tb gaskets and more. If I get on it hard it sounds like a loud sucking noise and the car gets loud but isnt moving at its full potential. If this helps, one bolt is stripped on my intake and isnt bolted down. All the others are bolted though. Also has a jumpy idle when the heat is on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
T.P.S. sensor all day. but that missing bolt is not helping anything

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The bolt needs to be fixed. However you can check for a vacuum leak there with some starting fluid. If idle is irratic with heat on there is probably a vacuum line behind your radio off the hvac. Mine was a yellow. If I remember right you can remove the vacuum line off the tree on the firewall and your heat will work but be stuck in defrost. As for the whine on acceleration I would guess you have a BBK throttle body.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
++++++++++++1 ^^^^^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the inputs everyone, gonna go and replace the tps seeing its stock, idle surges, hangs and jumps. also to add to it someone hit my car and left today and have to figure out who did it

·
Registered
864 Posts
that sucks man :mesad: your poor baby. I don't think you will but I hope you find the fu*kers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tell me about it, police looked at it and said someone kicked it in.. someones getting f*cked up, they have cameras where it happened :nono:

·
Registered
864 Posts
1st get that video man, then get you money out of the kid. Then do what ya gotta do you know :winks be smart

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some d*ck thought it would be a good idea to hood slide my car, smacked his leg on the side and got a cowl hood and hood pin straight up his a**

1 - 9 of 9 Posts