Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this kit from American Muscle and decided to have a go with the install myself. Well, I am completely stumped with the wiring. The isntructions are basically useless, especially for a noob like myself.... Does anyone have a good write up or detailed photos/video showing how the wiring should be??

Mustang White Face Reverse Glow Gauges (05-09 GT) - Free Shipping

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
The Only wiring that you will be touching is the actual Gauge Cluster connector!!....As these are just Replacement Faces for the actual Gauges, Not replacement of the Gauges themselves......

You WILL need to remove the whole Cluster, (From the Dashboard itself) and then remove the Plexi covers, then you will need to remove (Very carefully! the actual Indication Needles, they do have a tool for this.) from there you take out the OEM Gauge Faces, and then replace with the ones you bought!....

Removing the whole Gauge Cluster from the dash is no big deal (At least not for the 2010-2014's) as you just pull the panels from both sides of the Cluster, and from there its just 2 7mm screws at the top of the cluster, and 2 Push pins at the bottom, then you lift slightly upward and then out (Be sure that the Tilt Wheel is in the Lowest position) from here you will have to unclip the wiring harness from the cluster (its easier with help from a buddy) .......There are many threads about people changing the Gauge Faces on the web, but as for the need to do any "Wiring", well this will NOT be necessary....

Sean.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think he still might have to wire into an ignition wire, those are a glow face plate gauge electroluminescent panel. He will need 12v ignition from somewhere. The am sales page says they include an inverter and switch, they must attach to something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sean - without wiring anything up except the connector, it does not work - Muckerpuck is correct - there is some sort of harness or connector device where I have to do some splicing and that is where the instructions are vague:

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To give you an idea of what the gauges look like, I took a picture of the gauges hooked up without any additional wiring from the harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
OP-Sorry about the delay but it's looking like you got some solid help here! If you're running into any snags don't hesitate to let us know of feel free to shoot our customer service line a call at 1-866-727-1266 and we're here to help!

Alex

·
Registered
236 Posts
A good way to find power for your gauges is to use an "add a circuit" fuse holder thing. I can't remember the fuse number, but i used a unused fuse slot in the passeger side interior panel. I used mine for a radar detector (aka door finder) and it works. Dont have to cut any factory harnesses either. For the ground i always find a nearby bolt attached to the frame and scrape some paint away and attach it there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts