Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought these things because i thought they looked cool or whatever, anyway my speedometer gauge doesnt work anymore, it skips to 10mph to 20mph and so on, im wondering if anybody else had this same issue.

also how do you wire these things, i understand where the wires need to be plugged in but i didnt get any instructions from american muscle when i ordered these things, so im completely clueless. if anybody has had these issues any suggestion or ideas would be awesome. thanks :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Is the clearance between the speedo stem/needle to the face plate, to move freely (is anything rubbing). As far as hooking it up you need to call AM.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
i bought these things because i thought they looked cool or whatever, anyway my speedometer gauge doesnt work anymore, it skips to 10mph to 20mph and so on, im wondering if anybody else had this same issue.

also how do you wire these things, i understand where the wires need to be plugged in but i didnt get any instructions from american muscle when i ordered these things, so im completely clueless. if anybody has had these issues any suggestion or ideas would be awesome. thanks :)
Mikeirwin821, sorry to hear you're having trouble with these reverse glow gauges! Like what's stated above, you have to really careful when installing these that the needles don't have any interruptions to rub against or they have a hard time scanning. It sounds like that's the issue you're having. I suggest taking a closer look at the gauge background to see if it's pushed out towards the needle or something of the sort.

As for instructions. We do have customer submitted how-to instructions for these gauges on our AM site. If you click on a product and then click on the installation tab, they'll usually be a link that says customer submitted instructions. This sends you to a new page where you can download a PDF file for installation instructions on a part. Here's a direct link for what you're looking for!

How to Install Mustang Gauge Inserts - Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Let me know if I can be any more help!

Shane

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mikeirwin821, sorry to hear you're having trouble with these reverse glow gauges! Like what's stated above, you have to really careful when installing these that the needles don't have any interruptions to rub against or they have a hard time scanning. It sounds like that's the issue you're having. I suggest taking a closer look at the gauge background to see if it's pushed out towards the needle or something of the sort.

As for instructions. We do have customer submitted how-to instructions for these gauges on our AM site. If you click on a product and then click on the installation tab, they'll usually be a link that says customer submitted instructions. This sends you to a new page where you can download a PDF file for installation instructions on a part. Here's a direct link for what you're looking for!

How to Install Mustang Gauge Inserts - Installation Instructions at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Let me know if I can be any more help!

Shane
Now that is what I call customer service!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts