Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a lot of my buddies have mustangs and they all have the 1999+ models and this one kid with a GT vert keeps saying he wants to race me. Now my car has been off the road for the past 2 months or so because I am putting on all the things in my sig. Now, he only has an exhaust, cobra rims, cold air intake, and a hood. I know the hood and rims dont do anything but looks, but i just figured id list them. So, in your opinion, who would win the race (1/4 mile)?? I think I will, actualy i kinda know i will and do you think I could have taken him before doing all this stuff? all i had before was gears and a full exhaust.... And now hes talkin about getting a supercharger but his motor is still completely stock, but do you think that if he ever does get the SC, I will still be able to put up a fight considering what i have and that his motor is all stock, just with forced induction? The reason I am asking all this is because I have never drivin one of these style stangs besides my buddy's 98 cobra but obviously a cobra has more power than a GT. thanx for any input

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
you.
verts are slow.
his is basically stock.
i would take him with my lx, which is basically stock.
they add extra support structure that weighs a ton.
good luck! and dont do it on the street.

your heads could possibly cancel out that s/c he's getting. plus lets face it, hes probably pipe dreaming like i do. odds are he wont even get the s/c.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks a lot. And no I would NEVER do it on the street, there are way too many consequences for that and I wouldnt want to deal with any one of them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
oh you got him. he is stock. and verts are heavy.. so yeah you have him as long as you get a good launch

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yep . . you should beat him handily. BUT . . . not ALL verts are slow!! :winks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
haha touche'

i can think of ONE that isnt :winks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Even with the s/c you should take him.

A friend here has a 2000+ Gt w/ a Procharger on his running stock boost, exhaust, 4.10 gears yada yada yada. He is an auto and my car with less mods than you can beat him. But I also run 8.16-8.30's in the 1/8th mile. We raced 1/4 mile at the track and it was close. But I still came out the victor.

Good luck. N/a you will hurt him bad if you know your car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
truuble said:
Yep . . you should beat him handily. BUT . . . not ALL verts are slow!! :winks
Long live the sleeper

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha thanks everyone. Thats what I was thinking. by the way, I was looking at lexan windows for my car. Now Im most likely not getting them, but I am just wondering if the weight loss from replacing stock windows with lexan ones would be enough to be beneficial in anyway. (just one of those ideas I'm sure anyone on this forum has had about doing something out of the ordinary to their car)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way, the kit I am looking at comes with all the windows and its about 40 pounds give or take lighter than the glass ones. And they are all molded to fit the car and thick enough to not wobble, sag, whatever and they are coated with a sctratch proof coating and everything and the site says it can stand up to vigorous scratching with steel wool. The kit also costs about $1300 which is another reason i will most likely not get it but I just want to see other ppls opinions.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Do you need to drop the weight?

Does it really matter?

Do you want to spend that money somewhere else?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just said i most likely wont get it for that exact reason. I was simply asking if the weight difference would be worth the effort. Why are you answering a question with more questions??

·
Registered
861 Posts
jbspeed86 said:
I just said i most likely wont get it for that exact reason. I was simply asking if the weight difference would be worth the effort. Why are you answering a question with more questions??
Use the force you must. Dig deeper, you will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.