Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do you think won? my Stroker GT vs. an STi

3K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  YoshiBluedevil 
#1 ·
Ok so I was out driving the other day, and out of nowhere I see a newer STi get behind me at a light, and so I get all excited because I havent raced one yet. So we turn the corner, and he guns it past me, and of course im like d*mn that thing is fast. So i go around the person in front of me, and get up to a stoplight with him. He looks over with a smirk on his face and nods his head like a "hey whats up?" So i nod back, and at this point, I have noticed a stock exhaust, so I assume its stock. Either way, his AWD will kill me off the line, so I decide to just chill with it. So the light goes green and he takes off, so Im thinkin to myself, ok well when he hits the speed limit, ill just catch up to him and go from a roll. Well he didnt slow down...
so here is where it all starts ...
he at this point is 3-4 car length in front of me, and pulling (partial throttle im assuming because im not flooring it yet...). So then i say well F that! and i hit it in 2nd, and then i realize he has hit it too, because his rear end drops! So im goin crazy because im finally racing an STi.
I still baby my TKO500 even after like 8k on it, so im a slow shifter, but about half way thru 3rd, i have matched his speed, and have started to pull up on him. by the end of 4th, my front bumper is at his rear bumper, and then i hit 5th (and with their high axle ratios, im assuming he is now in 5th too). so I go in 5th for a few seconds, and then by the time my front bumper gets to his front bumper, he hits his brakes. keep in mind we are up around 120mph at this point. So then i hit my brakes, and call it a victory.
So i call one of my friends and tell him I won, and he agreed, and said good job. then i call another friend, and hes like "u didnt get in front of him, so u lost, u got smashed by a stock STi!" to that, i say "wtf? i caught up to him and was right next to him and PULLING when he hit his brakes... so ho did i lose?" and he said well u were doing 120, and in a quarter mile u wouldnt be that fast, and u were still behind him, so u lost. so i say, but i started off 3-4 carlengths back, and then i closed it on him, so how did i lose?
of course, he doesnt let up because he just wants me to lose apparently. he agrees i had the potential to win but says "u lost this one tho, because u never got in front"
so then my other friend (who said i won) started to agree that i lost because "the STi hit his brakes, so he was acknoledging he won, and u should too. so i throw out this statement ... "so if u and i were out onthe road (and he has a cavalier) and u were 3-4 in front of me, and then i started to come up on u, and u hit ur brakes before i got there, does that mean u won?" so hes like good point ... u won, lol. so then the other friend is like "no way man, then i have beat u every time we raced (he has an AWD turbo talon) because u give up before i do, so i win then.
so i tell him hes an idiot because when him and i race, we are side by side, and when i hit my brakes, its because im in front of him and pulling still, so i obviously have one already. so he says no and that im an idiot, and that the STi won, and that he has beat me every time. and im like HOW?! the STi was in front of me, and i closed it up on him until i was right next to him and pulling, then he hit his brakes, so i win...
he says no way, then he wins all of our races, and again im like ... no ... its different cause we start out side by side, and the STi was 3-4 in front of me.
then a 3rd friend calls me, and he has a big16g FWD eclipse; and i tell him the story, and hes liek yea u won ... plus, hes like "i can stay right next to an STi, and that was with the stock turbo, and so now im faster ... and ur faster then me too, so yea, u would and did win"

Sorry that was so long ... but what do you guys think? Who wins? the car that was in front and going to start off with, or the car that was behind from the start, and then caught up before the one in front gave up?

See less See more
#28 ·
yeah yoshi does get beside him but he doesnt take off so when you get beside some one and they drive normal do you assume there racing or not

#29 ·
timberlane_2003 said:
yeah yoshi does get beside him but he doesnt take off so when you get beside some one and they drive normal do you assume there racing or not
Once you line up with a guy, especially going around somebody to get there usually means ITS ON..... He didnt react fast enough & the guy in the STI took advantage of it...... His a$$ got caught sleep'n

#30 ·
austin i see were you coming from but if he doesnt take off i would assume he wasnt racing and then if i saw him try to catch up i would slow down to get a solid run thats just me though if i race i want to go all out

#32 ·
if he did that would be some straight out b.s but i can see someone doing that but thats more of a ricer thing i never had anyone beside ricer do that to me i think most mustang owner have more respect then that i would hope so anyways b/c the fly by is pretty gay

#33 ·
timberlane_2003 said:
if he did that would be some straight out b.s but i can see someone doing that but thats more of a ricer thing i never had anyone beside ricer do that to me i think most mustang owner have more respect then that i would hope so anyways b/c the fly by is pretty gay
I encountered a few Mustang & ricer flyby's from the past..... And it sure is gay........

#34 ·
yeah they are gay i would like to slap whoever made that crap up

#35 ·
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
Once you line up with a guy, especially going around somebody to get there usually means ITS ON..... He didnt react fast enough & the guy in the STI took advantage of it...... His a$$ got caught sleep'n
actually i wouldnt say i got caught "sleeping." any AWD guy knows he has the advantage off the line, so there would be no such thing as "caught sleeping." He got in front of me and never slowed down, thats y i floored it to catch up in the first place, because i WANTED a fair race. But i know that with my set up, even if i didnt have a good launch, i would have beat him if we both went from the line, so it doesnt matter.

if anyone knows the guy, it is a like 04-06 white STi in the crofton, MD area. I will go again just to prove i am more then capable of winning. the debate in this forum, however, is whether i won that race or not, since i caught up on a 3-4 length lead, and was tied at the end. Now, common sense and basic physics would tell u that if we started from a roll next to each other, i would have been ahead 3-4 lengths.

so basically, i call it a victory, but i dont see how ppl say i lost because "i want ahead of him at the end." i agree on the ricer flyby comparisson, if he REALLY wanted to race and thought he stood a chance or even would win, then he would have let me get next to him from the start. so basically, im calling him out saying hes a coward for not letting me get there, since he KNEW from a dig he would get the advantage, and most RWD ppl around here, espcially on cold days, wont go from a dig vs. a 300hp AWD turbo

#36 ·
YoshiBluedevil said:
so basically, i call it a victory, but i dont see how ppl say i lost because "i want ahead of him at the end." i agree on the ricer flyby comparisson, if he REALLY wanted to race and thought he stood a chance or even would win, then he would have let me get next to him from the start. so basically, im calling him out saying hes a coward for not letting me get there, since he KNEW from a dig he would get the advantage, and most RWD ppl around here, espcially on cold days, wont go from a dig vs. a 300hp AWD turbo
Sorry, but how is he a coward when he went from a dig, and I believe you said "Either way, his AWD will kill me off the line, so I decide to just chill with it." Sounds like you were the coward!

...But anyways Yoshi, I don't mean to dog on you, we're not counting wins or loses. You got a bad a$$ car and should have ran from a dig and crushed him. Street racing is just what it is, run what you brung, win or lose, its all good. To me, running from a roll is just a ricers excuse for having no torque in his honda/Acura/WHATEVER! Austin, I agree with you 100% on all your points, just to much to quote!

#37 ·
when it is 40 degrees outside, and I am driving on over 300 whp with bald nittos, there is no going head to head from a light. Anyone with that much power knows you need better tires to get even a decent launch. Even with UCA/LCA, eibach springs, and the nittos, (and adj koni yellows on the lightest setting), i can spin 3rd if im not careful. THAT is why I didn't go from the light. Yeah I guess I see what ppl are saying with the "rung what you brung," and I agree ... but if it was me that took off like that, and I was that far ahead, and I saw that the person I was racing wasnt pushing it, then I would slow down and go from a roll, and then maybe talk to them and be like "hey u want to go from a stop at the light?" or "hey nice race, wanna go again?" Thats what happened when I still had stock gears, and I raced the most incredible sleeper 240sx sr20 turbo swap ever. We saw each other on the road, and he came up, and we both hit it, and he stayed right with me (with my granny shifting cause im a sissy on my tranny). Then when we got up to a light, he rolled down his window and said "hey thats a really nice car man, I thought I would have had you, Ive never lost to a mustang!" Then I followed him and we chatted some more before going our seperate ways.
I guess it really just depends on the integrity of the person behind the other wheel...

So I guess you can say I didn't "win" the race ... but acknoledging how much I pulled up on him, I can agree with my friend saying "[I had] the potential to win, and still do, but in that 'race,' nobody won since didnt go from the light, and he didnt wait for the run from a roll"

#38 ·
I say you won. I mean you said that you was going to catch up and go from a roll at the speed limit, so that means you wasn't on it all the way, then when you saw that he wasn't slowing you hit it and CAUGHT him even when he had a humongous advantage with the head start and was on the verge of passing him. He might of hit the brakes know that you was about to own him and hit them to say that he won. There is no finish line on the street so it could have keep on going. So in my book you WON hands down.

#39 ·
Gro_oms said:
I say you won. I mean you said that you was going to catch up and go from a roll at the speed limit, so that means you wasn't on it all the way, then when you saw that he wasn't slowing you hit it and CAUGHT him even when he had a humongous advantage with the head start and was on the verge of passing him. He might of hit the brakes know that you was about to own him and hit them to say that he won. There is no finish line on the street so it could have keep on going. So in my book you WON hands down.
When I was alot younger than I am now...I street raced...and there was always a finish line. Otherwise, the person with the highest top speed would win everytime. What, you want to race from Barstow to Vegas?? Of course there is a finish line...unless you are into the "fast and the furious" lets race through traffic and whoever is the craziest wins bullsh*t. The people who think there are no finish lines are also the ones who flyby you when the race has already ended.

Yoshi, it shouldn't bother you, like you said, you pulled on him 3-4 cars. If your nittos suck, get new ones, and you and I both know you won't have any trouble next time...

#40 ·
Gro_oms said:
you and I are on the same page :worship

#41 ·
psfracer said:
When I was alot younger than I am now...I street raced...and there was always a finish line. Otherwise, the person with the highest top speed would win everytime. What, you want to race from Barstow to Vegas?? Of course there is a finish line...unless you are into the "fast and the furious" lets race through traffic and whoever is the craziest wins bullsh*t. The people who think there are no finish lines are also the ones who flyby you when the race has already ended.

Yoshi, it shouldn't bother you, like you said, you pulled on him 3-4 cars. If your nittos suck, get new ones, and you and I both know you won't have any trouble next time...
yea i do need to replace my tires, but i might try the MT Street Radials ... just to try them out ... but itll suck in the rain i think ...

there isnt always a finish line in this area ... its usually more of a lets get thru traffic and then see who is faster in the straight away. you can usually tell by about 5-10 seconds in who is faster on these streets.

#43 ·
fast66 said:
I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life on this:sterb:
It was obvious what this thread was about from the first post ... so if you didnt like it, why did you read it all?

Either way, what I have taken away from this is that although I may not have won this one, I would definitely win one if we started side by side, or even from a dig :sterb:

#44 ·
YoshiBluedevil said:
It was obvious what this thread was about from the first post ... so if you didnt like it, why did you read it all?

Either way, what I have taken away from this is that although I may not have won this one, I would definitely win one if we started side by side, or even from a dig :sterb:
These posts are like a car crash, you cant help but look. Besides, I was desperately hoping you would have re-raced this guy, and somewhere in there given us an update. But no, just the same rubbish for the whole three pages.

#45 ·
fast66 said:
These posts are like a car crash, you cant help but look. Besides, I was desperately hoping you would have re-raced this guy, and somewhere in there given us an update. But no, just the same rubbish for the whole three pages.
It is a big bunch of crap, I agree.
Yoshi, why do you care if you won or lost?
And, if you did find this guy and proper race him,
you might still lose, or you might whoop up on him... Every race is different.

Last time you might've pulled 3-4 cars to "catch up",
but he mighta missed a shift or not given it everything.

He could still whoop you next time.
All you can do is try your best each time.
And TAKE IT TO THE TRACK, or at least to a non-traffic
rural road.

#47 ·
blackened said:
had they both started from that roll lined up evenly yoshi would have put 4 lengths on him by 120. yoshi is teh win!!!
see thats what I said from the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.