Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...Im a new guy here and love the site!! Unsure if this question has been posted/answered before but, Im looking into getting a CAI. Im thinking of either the JLT/SCT combo or the Tuneable Induction/SCT combo. My questions is which tuner is the best. I've heard good things about Brenspeed and Alternative Auto. Which would you guys recomend?? Thanks alot!!:hihi:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
06 Silver Stang said:
Hi everyone...Im a new guy here and love the site!! Unsure if this question has been posted/answered before but, Im looking into getting a CAI. Im thinking of either the JLT/SCT combo or the Tuneable Induction/SCT combo. My questions is which tuner is the best. I've heard good things about Brenspeed and Alternative Auto. Which would you guys recomend?? Thanks alot!!:hihi:
Best tuners are Brenspeed, Bamachips, and Evolution. I'll probably get Evolution's since he is about 1.5 hours from me and has a dyno. All threee are great I hear, especially with customer service. ALt. Auto is also a good one. Bamachips though seems to be the most talked about, but you can't loose with any of them.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
+1... I've run both Bama and Brenspeed tunes with great success. Heard nothing but good reports about the others too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like my tune from Evolution . and they are close. to home.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
+1 for Evolution.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'll probably go with Evolution next spring, mostly cuz I'll get a free dyno run out of the deal. I've been damn curious as to how much HP I'm putting to the ground.

·
Registered
464 Posts
+1 For BamaChips. I live in a place where there is no tuner person. Doug was very patient and kept working with me via email until I finally got a tune that made me happy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not too sure where in OH you are, but just inside the I-275 loop is MD. Ken does a great job with the TI and Dyno tunes for YOUR car, not just a general tune. I love mine, what a difference. They run a special, check out the site. I think the custom tune (tuned in on their dyno) runs about another 100.00. I can't remember exactly.

http://www.modulardepot.com/

·
Registered
95 Posts
+1 for KenB at MD Motorsports!

Craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CinciForse said:
I'm not too sure where in OH you are, but just inside the I-275 loop is MD. Ken does a great job with the TI and Dyno tunes for YOUR car, not just a general tune. I love mine, what a difference. They run a special, check out the site. I think the custom tune (tuned in on their dyno) runs about another 100.00. I can't remember exactly.

http://www.modulardepot.com/
thanks everyone for the great advice! Im in Columbus and will check out modulardepot for tuning..oh yeah, GO BUCKS!!!!!!!:bounce2:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You'd be silly not to come down here to see Ken at MD. In house dyno and full data logging. Not only for your initial tune but then you have your 'own personal tuner' who know you and your car within drving distance! Ken is one of the best, a little hidden here in Cincy but known through magazines, race cars (world record cars!) and word of mouth. People drive VERY far to see Ken, even with trailered race carts! Ken is very good but more importantly very safe! You will see no 14.5:1 tunes on street cars tuned at MD! Your motor is more important than that 1 extra HP, sound I'd say! Plus that they are, fun, patient, nice guys over there!

Gotta say; GO Bearcats then... even though I'm a Gator... ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go Bamachips!!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
kj_cinci said:
even though I'm a Gator... ;)
You should be a BUCKEYE!

+1 Again for Fred at Evolution.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Kyle F said:
You should be a BUCKEYE!

+1 Again for Fred at Evolution.
I'm from Finland... came here in 96, Went to ERAU in Daytona. GF had Florida season tix and that's the way it is... ;) Folks were mad that I went to the games 1000s wanna see and didn't even know the rules... good times!! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
BamaChips is excellent. Doug is a good guy and takes care of his customers. And his race tune is amazing. When i had my V6 automatic I tried it and was barking 2nd and 3rd!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Evoloution gets my vote. Best price and especially if you have the Auto trans!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Anybody know of a reputable Mustang tuner with a dyno in the Houston area?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts