Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in anyone's opinion that has added a sub or subs to the Shaker 500 in convertible.

With the top down and driving on the highway did you still get a satisfactory boost in low frequencies ? Was it worth the addition or did the ambient noise on the highway with the top down cancel out a lot of the low frequency gain ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested in anyone's opinion that has added a sub or subs to the Shaker 500 in convertible.

With the top down and driving on the highway did you still get a satisfactory boost in low frequencies ? Was it worth the addition or did the ambient noise on the highway with the top down cancel out a lot of the low frequency gain ?
+1 on this interest. I've considered it a few times but notice my interior speakers lose a lot with the top down...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I put a 1200W kicker 10" under the passenger seat and a kicker 750.1 under that driver seat, it HITS like Mike Tyson

The fastest Ive ever gone with the top down was 85, this was just last week and the sub sounded just fine. It lost only a little but thats to be expected.

My amp was rated at 960 watts, going through drive throughs I constantly have people inside come to the window and ask what I have. When i say one 10" theyre awe struck. I can "beat down the block" and have people 3 streets down find me and complain. Kicker=the best.

THe BIGGEST problem I had was finding a box that would fit in my 96. That was very very difficult.

·
Registered
32 Posts
musdang rider, where did you get your box? I am in need of a good box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put a 1200W kicker 10" under the passenger seat and a kicker 750.1 under that driver seat, it HITS like Mike Tyson

The fastest Ive ever gone with the top down was 85, this was just last week and the sub sounded just fine. It lost only a little but thats to be expected.

My amp was rated at 960 watts, going through drive throughs I constantly have people inside come to the window and ask what I have. When i say one 10" theyre awe struck. I can "beat down the block" and have people 3 streets down find me and complain. Kicker=the best.

THe BIGGEST problem I had was finding a box that would fit in my 96. That was very very difficult.
What box did you find to fit under the seat? I have a 92 and about the best thing I can do is put a 10" truck box in the trunk under where the top stores..... I'd LOVE to find something to fit under the set but I just don't see that happening with anything I've ever seen or found...

·
Registered
457 Posts
musdang rider, where did you get your box? I am in need of a good box.

i had mine custom built. i can give you the dimensions if you want to fit our tiny vert trunks. forget about having space for anything else tho

·
Registered
260 Posts
Would yall happen to know the dimensions for a 1999 Convertible box? I will be putting two tens in it and attaching an amp to the back and that will be that, if you dont mind helping me out. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.