Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone has installed these, if so.......

How do you like them? Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
OUPony said:

I don't have them... but... the other day i was at a local car show and Scott from MRT was installing them on the car next to me... Looked like a nice kit. The nice thing is they are strictly a bolt on... no drilling required... Took Scott only a couple of minutes to install... I've got the RedLine Tuning kit... Whethe r you go with MRT or RedLine... it's a lot nicer than the prop rod... LOL!

I'm not sure though... does the MRT kit actually lift the hood up from the half way point? I didn't pay attention... That's the think i like about the RedLine... very handy when you've got your hands full... LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
OUPony said:

I just had mine powder coated white ...They should be installed with the rest of my parts by the end of the upcoming week & will post some pics when I get them back ....did not want the stainless look so I matched the car color .

·
Registered
559 Posts
OUPony said:

Dear OUPony,

Got mine from Redline...

They have two to chose from at $59.95 for the black and $109.95 for the stainless steel...

You are required to drill holes in your hood and fender to install...

Very scary at first but now the hood stays up without the support rod...

Took that "sucker" off immediately...

Dave :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roboz said:
I just had mine powder coated white ...They should be installed with the rest of my parts by the end of the upcoming week & will post some pics when I get them back ....did not want the stainless look so I matched the car color .
Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
172 Posts
roboz said:
How much did they get you to powdercoat it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
new stang owner said:
How much did they get you to powdercoat it?
I should find out by weeks end as that was a small portion of my saleen super charger install , X-Cal 2 , CAI , Bassani , 3.73 , etc etc etc .. Bill ... :doh: :what: :shocked: :sadcry: :weeps :scream:

·
Registered
633 Posts
fishingjts said:
I'm not sure though... does the MRT kit actually lift the hood up from the half way point? I didn't pay attention... That's the think i like about the RedLine... very handy when you've got your hands full... LOL
Just talked to a guy in another Forum that has them installed. Painted the brackets and it looks great. He said that like the Redlines, lift the hood to a certain point and the struts take over opening the hood all the way. Also, the MRT struts lift the hood about 4 inches higher than the prop rod. I think that's great as it allows more room to work...

·
Registered
758 Posts
OUPony said:

Installed last week, you can find the thread using the search or check my gallery.

I love them.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
MRT hood struts

I just purchased a set of Black MRT hood struts. Claims to be bolt on with no drilling. I have not yet received them, but will post a pic when received and installed.:tongue

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those look much better than I thought they would. A little paint on that bracket and it's a sharp mod. :eyepoppin

Hoodlum said:
Installed last week, you can find the thread using the search or check my gallery.

I love them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I just purchased a set of Black MRT hood struts. Claims to be bolt on with no drilling. I have not yet received them, but will post a pic when received and installed.:tongue
Completly bolton all you need is a 10mm socket wrench and your good to go. A friend to help hold the hood inplace would help two but not really necessary.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i just installed those mrt hood struts, they are really nice, so much better and easier opening the hood now, it makes it fun:) and they look great too...only $100 with install, very recomended!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2010 gt500 and bought a pair in carlise and the holes dont line up not even close and they told me to put it in on an angle an tighten the fender bolt really tight :smirk why not just make it so the holes line up :?: there customer service sucks :kooky:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I think the GT500 doesn't bolt up exactly the same as the GT and V6 ones do but i'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I use to have the "Redline" struts but when I changed hoods I bought the NXT struts. The only problem I had with them was that they were 75psi and if the wind blew it would close my hood and it could have damaged my fiberglass hood. I was at DG Custom and they have the struts that are 90psi and these work a whole lot better.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have CDC hood struts, no drilling & uses existing hardware, I love em & they were a perfect fit and to top it off that ugly prop rod is gone :bigthumbsup

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.