Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just finishing up getting my 351W in good running order so it's about time to start cleaning up the wiring and making it all pretty in there. I'd like to see what others have done so show off your hard work :)

I've had to repair my harness some but it all seems to be working well now. My spark plug wire for cylinder #4 seems to always find its way on to the manifold so I'm going to have to add some insulation to keep it from melting further.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a pic of before I pulled the heads to have them worked on. I do have a question about my air breather. I had to add the spacer to the carb b/c the secondaries weren't operating fully before. Now my air breather gets into the hood abit. Should I find a way to take out the spacer or is there a low profile 14" option?

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just finished my engine compartment. Didn't remove engine so it made it a whole lot harder to get into the tight spaces. To me, it looks 100% better than it did before.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Check out mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's clean sixtstang!

computerwise, how do you like those valve covers? I thought about getting those and they air breather to match

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
here are my 2: my 65 is the one with the paxton, the other is the one I am building with my 13 year old daughter it is a 67

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here is my 66. The before is a bit unfair since it had been sitting in a dusty garage for about 18 years before the restore!

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bet she does! And looks like you are using every square millimeter of that engine bay!!

Here's another....this is a 351W stroked to 392CI. This car scoots!

billb

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Here is my 66. The before is a bit unfair since it had been sitting in a dusty garage for about 18 years before the restore!
nice looking engine bay. btw where did you get that export brace setup? I am using the one from total control products on my 65 but I am looking for other options on my daughters car. thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is my 65 coupe. Before and after. This was done with the engine in the car.
Thanks,
Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
nice looking engine bay. btw where did you get that export brace setup? I am using the one from total control products on my 65 but I am looking for other options on my daughters car. thanks.
Its a custom set up from a local restoration shop in the Phoenix area. I believe they sell the set up. Here's a link to the shop - truss at bottom of page.

Classic Mustangs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts