Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the pic of the black GT with the red "mustang" stripes on the side. Not sure if it was here or another site. The pic I saw had the GT posed in front of a gas station. Anyone know what car I'm talking about?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think I can answer this question :hihi: This is my Mustang GT. I've done a few more mods since the gas station photo shoot, so I've included some updated pictures. I'm glad you like it. I'll answer any questions you have or supply better quality pics if needed.

thanks,
-danny

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BINGO! Yep, your car was the one I was looking for. Where did you get the stripes and 281 emblem? I'm thinking of using them on my black GT vert. I just painted my calipers red and love the look...so I was thinking about doing the stripes as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rocker Panel Stripe

I purchased the rocker panel stripe from the above location.

The 281s were custom made by Thomas Luscher of Think3D out of Canada. http://think3d.biz/Emblem-Gallery.html

He will customize the inset color to whatever color you need. He's a great guy and will make you a great set that will compliment the car nicely.

I'm glad you like my setup. Be sure to show pics of your progress!

-danny

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$100 each emblem??yikes! What exact color are your stripes? Did you install the stripes yourself? Hard?

·
Registered
179 Posts
nathansdad04 said:
$100 each emblem??yikes! What exact color are your stripes? Did you install the stripes yourself? Hard?
I did not pay $100 per emblem. Email Thomas and tell him I sent you and see what his current pricing.

As for the rocker panel color, I'm pretty sure I picked 51, Dark Red. I didn't want the bright red that I've seen on some cars, I wanted a color that was more close to the red interior. I think it works well. My underhood dressup accent color is the redfire metallic for my accents on the plenum cover, and my valve covers. The only red that doesn't really match is the calipers, but I plan to have them powder coated next year a darker red to match the rocker panel.

-danny

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the Duplicolor red caliper paint...is your color stripe going to look stupid with my caliper paint? I don't plan on doing much more exterior stuff other than maybe the rocker panel stripes and/or maybe the emblems.

·
Registered
179 Posts
nathansdad04 said:
I've got the Duplicolor red caliper paint...is your color stripe going to look stupid with my caliper paint? I don't plan on doing much more exterior stuff other than maybe the rocker panel stripes and/or maybe the emblems.
I believe I used the same color caliper paint. It's not that off that it looks bad. I say go for it!

-danny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts