Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine under the front bumper, driver side. I dont know how it got there. I don't remember running over a curb, but it is pretty deep. It's not noticable, but I know it is there. :madas:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have the underside of the front grill scratched........I think it was from shipping, or rail damage. it will be fixed soon, when I take it in for the ghost flames on the hood..:thumbsup

·
Registered
816 Posts
No scratches yet, but, I do have two rock chips on my TRUNK! Heaven only knows how they got there! Must have been some bouncy boulders that jumped the car and hit the trunk! :shrug

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have about a 2" gouge in the right rear fender flare, right down to the metal along with accompanying dent... on a BLACK car. Looks like about 7-9 year old kid handlebar height to me.... but it's always in a driveway and not across a sidewalk :mad:

Guy I work with was in a 4 car pileup when a ladder came flying off a van about a week ago too (me = black '05 GT, him = windveil '05 V6)

I remain VERY unamused

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Couple of chips on the edge of the door. Someone musta opened it into sometihng when it was made, or if my dad drove it and accidentally did it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PHATTZZ STANG said:
Mine under the front bumper, driver side. I dont know how it got there. I don't remember running over a curb, but it is pretty deep. It's not noticable, but I know it is there. :madas:
Same scratches, but under the bumper on both driver & passenger side. Pulling into parking spot with those little !#@$ing concrete curbs that all my other vehicles easily cleared. Watch 'em guys & gals, not much clearance there. :weeps

·
Registered
886 Posts
WELL...

Front drv fender is thrashed, new headlight on that side, dent right behind the door, and dent and chips around the rear fender, all drv side. Fender will be replaced and all dents fixed, headlight replaced, repaint entire side of car - $1700 IF they don't have to replace either bumper....

six point whitetail deer at 60mph.

Still a week from my first payment.

Unlucky ? HELL no, he coulda come through the windshield!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
jrjackso_05GT said:
Same scratches, but under the bumper on both driver & passenger side. Pulling into parking spot with those little !#@$ing concrete curbs that all my other vehicles easily cleared. Watch 'em guys & gals, not much clearance there. :weeps
I have that curb rash also on the passenger side...along with a small paint scrape on the point of the front bumper where my bro backed into me and asmall scrap next to the liscense plate where I backed into my girlfriend. All will be forgiven though as soon as the stripes go on. :walksmile

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Black 05, will never get that color again, my hood has rock chips, right rear upper quarter has a chip, rt fender, and left fender has chips, plus my 3 yr old took a grill scraper to the hood, first with the brush side, then with the scraper side, I got out all the brush scrathes, but not the gouge, the body shop said $200 to repaint the hood. All I can say is it took all everything I had not to whip his ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS.:madas:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I backed into the nose of my Lightning - the bolt for the font plate bracket on the truck made a tiny hexagon dent in my rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
05StangAwsomeca said:
I have a Black 05, will never get that color again, my hood has rock chips, right rear upper quarter has a chip, rt fender, and left fender has chips, plus my 3 yr old took a grill scraper to the hood, first with the brush side, then with the scraper side, I got out all the brush scrathes, but not the gouge, the body shop said $200 to repaint the hood. All I can say is it took all everything I had not to whip his ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS.:madas:
you should have sent him to me. I would have taken the case :grinroll:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a pretty good size rock chip in the windshield before I had the plates, Then I was up in Bellingham waxing it at my brothers house and we noticed a big gouge in the front bumper, probably from a shopping cart. I am not taking it to QFC anymore...

·
Registered
357 Posts
After pulling into the garage and going inside the house for approximately 30 seconds.....BAMMM...I heard the AXE fall off my garage wall and hit my front bumper...only two small scratches. I blame it on the Magnapacks...they vibrated it off the wooden pegs little by little....Could have been worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One small chip about twice the size of a pencil tip on the right front bumper after pulling into the garage and tapped some stuff piled up for a yard sale, and a small rash of marks on the hood probably from a rock kicked up from the highway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two little lines on the top of my front bumper. I think a truck backed into it. It will be covered up when I get my stripes painted though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have backed up and scratched both sides of the rear bumper on two seperate occasions, $250 a pop to fix... And then my key job accross the pasenger side from front wheel well to the rear wheel well... That one will be over a grand to fix, so it'll be a while... Luckily, it's not *real* noticable, but it bugs the heck outta me...

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow this thread is depressing :[

here it goes... my front bumber is scratched in two places, my back left fender extending to the bumber has a few long lines that the sloppy garbage men left with the cans, and my back left bumber is indented inward...

sigh this is a sob story indeed

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up my car on August 1st and on August 5th someone opened their door into my right door and left about a 1cm dent. It is right in the bend in the door (not in a flat panel) so I dont think it can be pulled out. :weeps

·
Registered
68 Posts
well after a week that i had my car.. i pulled to close to my piller that holds up the porch so i can open my dooer all the way.... and hit it.. so i got a chip.. in the front bumper.. got that fized for free because i was "in" with the owner of the dealership and now.. recently.. i did it again.. i dunno just get greedy and try to pull in close... i hate my greedyness... but its tiny .. so im happy its atleast that

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've had my black GT since mid June and not a scratch anywhere as of yet and I drive it every where every day. I treat this car like the worlds last virgin...knock on wood...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.