Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you buy it? Looks like j&m have it for the cheapest .

What is this kit capable of?

·
Registered
784 Posts
steeda also sells the magnacharger. the thing about the magna charger is that its always in boost. that's what ive read anyways.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
SheizaSoSay has one. I'm sure he'll see this and answer both ?'s.

S

·
0 Posts
J&m is the cheapest. This might answer a few questions http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/214989-magnuson-supercharger-kit.html

Depends on the baseline hp and auto vs manual, but I could add boost with a crank pulley and get 450rwhp but I am guessing. Beagle1 hit 480 and blew his engine, but I don't know his full mods. 550rwhp is highest but it was retarded pricey to get there.

It is definitely not in boost all the time
either. In fact I don't know any blower that is.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Beagle1 is tuning my car on the 4th of July this year. I'll post my results. I think I'll be around 450rwhp and 440rwtq. I've got the bugs worked out of my car now. The tuner I was using was the problem. I've since switched to Beagle1 shop. I have a 2.8in pulley(9.8psi), BAP, HTO plugs, Steeda CAI, GT500 TB and Mac mufflers. I tuned the rollers at 430rwhp and 433rwtq at 5000rpm, car was breaking up. This was without the GT500 TB at the old tuners shop. Will see after the 4th what I put down. I'll upload the graph at that time.

S

·
0 Posts
I talked to Steeda for a bit and they said they run a 3" pulley on the blower and run a overdrive crank pulley to get the boost. Said it helped tremendously with the belt slip. Definately post those numbers up BLEWBIU.

S

·
0 Posts
it's a complete kit. once you want to upgrade that's a different story. You will want a fuel solution (KB BAP, GT500 pumps), smaller pulley and a CAI. Tuneable Inductions made mine. 99% of the CAI's out there won't work with the magnacharger. If you contact them they can make you one no problem. You would need a dynotune to accompany those changes. J&M can throw you in a pulley for less than a $100. You will want a good belt tensioner. I run the Roush P51 tensioner and it works great. Sqidd makes a monster of one for cheap. Several out there.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought this kit was pretty maxed out ?? There is room for more hp ?

Also pretty sure the steeda cold air intake will work with the magna

·
Registered
431 Posts
I thought this kit was pretty maxed out ?? There is room for more hp ?

Also pretty sure the steeda cold air intake will work with the magna
"Adds up to 125hp/125 ft. lbs. torque" in the kit form. Adding more boost with a smaller pulley is going to need other tweaking with support mods. I've gone from 252rwhp and 272rwtq to 430rwhp and 433rwtq(9.8psi). That doesn't happen with the stock kit 6psi boost system.

Yes the Steeda cold air box will fit no problem, I have it installed on my car.

S

·
0 Posts
It's noticeable inside the car, but it is loud as hell outside the car. The Steeda CAI is only the airfilter/maf housing. The elbow won't fit. You can look at my pics in my gallery and see how mine looks. Their is one more that will work in it's entirety and Beagle1 sales them. Any/all of the above will do just fine. It's the larger MAF that you need, as it will get maxxed out if you goto a smaller pulley than the one that comes with the kit.

S

·
0 Posts
The quality is excellent and OEM quality and highly reliable. And no, I am not happy with the purchase because my goals exceed the capabilities of the blower. I will eventually sale it.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
if you are going to keep your stock block then go for it, if you want to exceed the stock block's power 450+ then get a different blower.

·
Registered
431 Posts
if you are going to keep your stock block then go for it, if you want to exceed the stock block's power 450+ then get a different blower.
+1:bigthumbsup -It's more than capable of blowing your motor up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also have a Magncharger with a 2.80 inch pulley which; gives me right at 9.2 lbs of boost. On a Mustang dyno I made right at 396 rwhp and 378 ft. I too seen the low price as a deal maker, its not a bad supercharger if you understand its limitations. I am already already looking forward to pulling the motor dropping in a Alluminator short block and going with a F1. My tuner Kurt Borton has a 4.6 3v in a Fairmont that hits 8.2's with a F3.

S

·
0 Posts
What would be awesome is if magnacharger would make a tvs or twinscrew head unit to upgrade. I called them a long time ago and they said no chance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts