Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just thought I would poke around a bit....... I have Steeda Sport Springs installed on my 2011 and I love the look just not sold on the ride quality. I understand the ride quality will suffer a little when lowering a vehicle but some brands may be better than others.

I am just wondering, who out there has tried multiple springs? any opinions on ride quality?

G

·
0 Posts
Shocks are must if ride quality is what you want. Springs alone will never ride as well as a car with quality shocks installed, such as Koni STR.T.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I agree with the above. I have the steeda's and Koni combo and the car rides awesome. Better than stock IMO. It's a little stiffer, but not as bouncy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i did not replace the shocks.... I originally purchased the eibach pro kit which came with shocks but it was on backorder for 3 months.... so I gave up and just bought steeda sports.......

The problem with shocks for 2011's is there are none.... you have to use 2010 strut mounts which I feel funny doing..... am I wrong here?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got my car lowered with Eibach Pro kit. No changes to the shocks at all but did install an adjustable panhard rod. I was very concerned about the ride quality and I have to say that I almost cannot tell the difference between now and stock. The Eibach Pro springs are progressive which means for average size bumps you are on the "soft" part of the spring.

Would definitely recommend them. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah i did not replace the shocks.... I originally purchased the eibach pro kit which came with shocks but it was on backorder for 3 months.... so I gave up and just bought steeda sports.......

The problem with shocks for 2011's is there are none.... you have to use 2010 strut mounts which I feel funny doing..... am I wrong here?
Im with you on that one too! I am surprised no one has come out with any shocks yet!

G

·
0 Posts
Im with you on that one too! I am surprised no one has come out with any shocks yet!
I think the market for 2011 specific shocks is too low because it is so easy to use 2010 parts. Not to mention you will need to upgrade the upper strut mounts anyway due to the stock pieces practically falling apart when you pull them out of the car.
If you think the ride with springs only is acceptable, ride around in a lowered car with shocks as well and you will feel a difference.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
106 Posts
I lowered the car this weekend on FRPP K springs and there was hardly any difference in ride quality. Car still rides really good!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I ordered the Koni STR.T struts and shocks, along with GT500 upper strut mounts. the mounts shipped today and I expect the struts/shocks by wednesday. I will update everyone on my findings as soon as I install them. :laughlitt

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thought I would update everyone who is interested..... I installed the Koni STR 's on the front on my car and what a difference!!!!!! The overall feel of the front steering has improved greatly and it no longer has the annoying bounce (well some but i am guessing it is because the rear shocks are still stock but hopefully the Koni's will be off backorder soon and I can install them).

All in all, upgrading the struts and shocks are a must with lowering springs!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just thought I would update everyone who is interested..... I installed the Koni STR 's on the front on my car and what a difference!!!!!! The overall feel of the front steering has improved greatly and it no longer has the annoying bounce (well some but i am guessing it is because the rear shocks are still stock but hopefully the Koni's will be off backorder soon and I can install them).

All in all, upgrading the struts and shocks are a must with lowering springs!
Where did you order your Koni's from?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stage3motorsports

·
Registered
519 Posts
Funny, I'm on FRPP P springs and am iffy on the ride and was considering the Steeda Sports.
That's the exact combo I was going to go with, FRPP P springs with the Koni Srt.t's. However, I am also debating on getting the FRPP dampers since they are probably made to go together. What is it that you are iffy about with the ride quality of your setup?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts