Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first Mustang. Almost 60 and I have owned Vettes, Cudas, Nissan Z cars, RX8s, etc, and ride a H-D Softail Deuce. Ford sold me on the 2011 Mustang because of the v6 - 305 hp/31 mpg, body styling, premium interior, and convertible looks. Very impressed with the car and can't wait to get it!
:itsallgood

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've owned 7 Mustangs (not counting the '68 vert my parents owned). My first was a '89 5.0 LX and I currently own a '06 v-6 and '10 GT. I've also owned several Trans Ams and other sports cars. I just love Mustangs. I was about 22 when I bought my first.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have wanted a Mustang since I was little but this will be my first Mustang purchase. The reason I waited until now is because of the lack luster performance. The V8 had fallen behind the times and the V6 has always been straight up pathetic.

In 2007 when I bought a new car I went with the Mazdaspeed3. My Speed3 was just as fast as my friends '05 Mustang GT and I got 30MPG on the highway. I never understood why Ford went with the 4.6 instead of designing a new 302. Maybe it was lack of intelligence on the part of Ford or lack of competition.

Finally, Ford has put together a true enthusiasts car. I am disappointed that it took so long and excited because it is finally here! Mine is supposedly being built this week should/might/hopefully be delivered the first couple weeks of July.

I am turning 30 in less than 6 months and I am very thankful that I am able to get one while I am still young enough to enjoy it. It's a matter of perspective, I know.

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you concider all the Mustangs I've co-owned with my wife, I'm now up to 4. The 2 2011 GTs i've ordered are the first V8s I've ever owned.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned 7 Mustangs (not counting the '68 vert my parents owned). My first was a '89 5.0 LX and I currently own a '06 v-6 and '10 GT. I've also owned several Trans Ams and other sports cars. I just love Mustangs. I was about 22 when I bought my first.
SJ, if this is your 7th Mustang, why are you posting as a "first time" owner? LOL!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My first Mustang, and in fact my first Ford. I've owned Chevy Suburbans,
Tahoes, Camero, Buick, Olds, Mercedes, BMW, Toyotas, etc...., but when I went looking at cars this time, I really felt Ford had upped the ante with quality and performance with the Mustang. Plus I wanted to buy American. I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, and am really happy with my decision. Really, quite a remarkable auto! Oh, and I am north of 60 (closer to 70)

·
Registered
50 Posts
First Ford ever. Wanted a fun second car and decided on American car only. Mustang only way to go!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well, our first mustang and our first Ford also. We are both in our mid 50’s and have been married for 35 years. Personally, the mustang has never appealed to me but my wife learned to drive on a 1966, 289 mustang and over the years my wife has said numerous times in passing, she would like a mustang. We saw the new commercial on TV and my wife said it again, end of story. I guess the beauty of the whole deal is, it did not really matter if we got one or not. Finally the dealer made us an offer we could not refuse. With all that being said we are now both pretty psyched right now and hopefully in three weeks we’ll have it. We went with the V6 premium as neither of us wanted a V8 and all the performance stuff that in our minds was a waste of money for us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my parents bought a 67 mustang springtime yellow before i was even a thought and it's been sitting in our garage for over 20 years i believe. now it has no engine, transmission, interior or any of that stuff and after my dad bought another one recently he gave me the shell to rebuild myself.
Although it is nothing but a bunch of sheet metal and some glass I absolutely love it and i'm actually about to have it back on the road.
I'm 18 years old and that is my first mustang!

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is my first Mustang vert purchased in 2005. It was my 40th bday present to myself. I chose this model because it was a retro look to the late sixties models which were always my favorites growing up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
this is my first car period! i got her a month after my 16th birthday. having a mustang puts us in a different league than everyone else. people might get trans ams and firebirds and camaros mixed up, but even they can distinguish a mustang when they see one. they're unmistakable.

·
Registered
316 Posts
25 years old. and this is my first mustang. I have always wanted one since i was a child and i now am in a spot to be able to afford it. And since this is the year the 5.0 came back, its the year to buy. Like chevy bringing back the camero.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This will be my first mustang, although the '66 mustang coupe that I will inherit from my grandfather is technically my first, but not in my possession at the time.

Fell in love with the mustangs when my mom bought a brand new 1995 5.0 in the rare sapphire blue, and I even learned how to drive stick in it.

Then fell in love with the classics at 14 when my grandfather was looking into restoring one, which is the one I'll inherit. I like the classic camaro's, but they aren't as great as a mustang nor have they lasted as long.

Now, I'm almost 26 and can't wait for this 5.0 to come in.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've wanted a Mustang since I was a teen but got a conservative car instead. I'm 29 now and have waited patiently for the right time to buy a new car. Wanted to buy a home, establish my family, all that stuff before I splurged on myself.

Last year I just about bought a 2010. Luckily it fell through (was getting a car out of state traded to my dealer and it ended up having things on it I didn't want). When I heard the 5.0 was coming out I was pumped and said, maybe next year. Well that time is now. I'm coming from an automatic honda civic I've had for 13 years. Great little car but now I want my 'Stang.

Oh, I've got a 3.73, manual 5.0 on the way. Talk about a change comin! I'm so excited!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm 46, never got a mustang, and never even considered getting one. My current car is getting old and it was time to buy a new one. I wanted a convertible (I live in souther california) so I looked at different brands, until I saw a picture of the mustang. Heart stop, breathe. This is the one :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is my 1st mustang. I'm 43yrs old.
Opportunity knocked 2yrs. ago and I opened the door.
This is the 1st car, of any make, that was worth brining out to a show and shine. Now, due to meticulous care I have a multiple award winner, and still drive it daily year round.
I can't wait until I'm a little more financially stable to buy a 5.OHHH MY!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
First fell in love with the Mustang when I saw a pic of a '69 Shelby GT500 vert. when I as about 13.
Was going to buy an '07 but just didn't feel it so I got my Murano instead. My brother passed away this earlier this year and I used my inheritance to pay off the Murano, which I am trading in to get my GT/CS. So 31 years after falling in love with the Mustang I am waiting patiently for my first one to be delivered.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is my first mustang of this century and my first V8 (not counting a used beater LTD II wagon I had briefly). I am 55 and had a '99 V6 Mustang convertible that my son now owns.

Why? - I like sporty cars and was really missing a convertible, my '99 was also my first convertible. I now work from home or at a nearby office and no longer needed an economy car for my commute. So I sold my Civic Hybrid and ordered the Mustang GT. Just hope it gets here before the nice weather is gone!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Going to order my car today.

This will be my first Mustang (first Ford car). Always bought GM before, and had heart set on Camaro. In the end the things that sold me are:
* Mustang convertible looks great.
* Car is fast (5.0 helps in decision).
* Interior is very nice quality.
* Manual shift quality felt good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
36 years old and this is my first Mustang. I was looking to get a new car when I get back from this deployment. I shopped around for some used luxury sedans, SUVs and pony cars. I was thinking of getting a used one, so that I could save some money. Then I decided I wanted a sports coupe, but wanted a new one so I could get it customized how I want it, instead of what someone else liked. I test drove the Camaro and Challenger while I was home on leave, and decided to get the Camaro. I wasn't even looking at the Mustang at the time, because the 2010 only had a 5 speed tranny. After I saw the brochure for the 2011 Mustang I fell in love. 6 spd 5.0L 412hp... oh my. I did a little research and saw the press had given it great reviews and the deal was sealed. I ordered the next day. Looking forward to getting back and going to the dealership shortly after to pick up my new baby.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.