Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hopefully I'll receive my first Mustang in just 2 weeks now. I'm 33.

As an early graduation gift to myself I wanted to get a new car. I knew I was looking for something a little on the sportier side, but had no idea what, so I was test-driving a lot of different cars. Based on a variety of reviews I tried out the new VW GTI. I liked it quite a bit and was pretty sure that's what I was going to buy, though it had a bit of a "nuclear powered go-kart" feel to it...zippy, but not a lot of substance behind it.

The Mustang GT was actually the last test-drive I did. I had no intention of actually buying one, but I'd always respected the muscle car from a distance, so I figured I should at least try it out. Suffice to say it was love at first drive...the grin from ear-to-ear told me this was the car I had to buy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
22 and originally decided to get the Chevy Camaro. That was after watching transformers and before i test drove the car or looked at any specifications. When i finally had time to go car shopping, i decided to spend some time reading up specifications, what to look for , etc.

After reading the specs, i figured i would probably not notice the 200 pound difference between the camaro and the mustang. Oh boy was i wrong! I felt it when accelerating from 0 or even from 60 - 80. Then i started to notice the ****** quality of the interior. The last strike was the HUGE side column that just obstructed my view. It annoyed the hell out of me when i was test driving the camaro.

When i test drove the '11 mustang, i instantly noticed the difference in speed, acceleration, interior quality and just how the ride felt overall. I always wanted a sporty coupe. But to this day i never figured i would decide on a mustang. This car is amazing! I guess i am just a secret american at heart haha.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
SJ, if this is your 7th Mustang, why are you posting as a "first time" owner? LOL!

Hey, we were all first time owners at some point! Really though, the 2010 and 2011 models are different enough to feel like a first time owner. They are more refined and the build quality is noticeably better. I didn't like mine at first, but it has really grown on me. However, the '06 is more 'nostalgic'.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm 46, ordering my 5.0 tomorrow.

This will be my first mustang, and first American-made car in a long time (not counting a used pickup I bought about 10 years ago). To me, Ford (and American car companies in general) has finally achieved the mix of performance, quality, looks, and affordability that makes me want to buy American again. I'm excited about this car :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
70 Posts
5.0 convertible for my 50th. I had a 2010, sold it, lovin' the 5.0.

This is a true muscle car and Ford seems to have done it right.

After 15 years in a Windstar which is now my winter car I thought it was time for some driving fun.

Anybody else notice the new Steeda CAI that is coming out. 450 easy HP! :laughlitt

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is my first mustang. I have wanted one since I was fifteen.

·
Registered
376 Posts
42yrs old and first Mustang. Camaro can't touch Mustang on price or performance and I needed a back seat for the occasional kid rides. Wouldn't touch a Chrysler product.

Considered G8 GT, CTS-V, Camaro and 370Z.

Oh, and Obama doesn't sell Fords.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
My 2010 is my first Mustang, Although I have owned many a Ford including my First Pony Car a 73 Cougar XR7 with a 500 HP Cleveland and 4 speed top loader.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This will be my first Mustang.

Though I own a first model year Ford Probe ('89) which was originally designed to become the new mustang (!). Even though it's technically a front drive Mazda. 320k Miles and still running !

I've been looking for a new car for several years now.
I want sporty, economical, high tech, stylish, fast, etc... don't we all.

past favorites:
mini: sporty, iconic, good looks. Con: goofy plastic dash. Unreliable
gti: iconic. looks ok. great high tech drivetrain Con: inside its just a small hatch.
bmw 135. fast, looks ok. high tech. Con: its a BMW, and unreliable.
audi A4/A5. high tech, 4wd, looks good. Con still just a sedan, not sporty.
Porsche Cayman, love it, too expensive, older engines.
Lotus. love it but not practical.
others: camaro: too big/heavy, corvette: not my thing.

I've driven mini/gti/bmw, none of them stole my hart.

Mustang: iconic (name and looks), good looks inside and out, great infotainment technology, high tech engine (finally).
Ford is now rated as one of the most reliable cars, and its domestic so reasonable maintenance/repair prices.
And 400HP !!!!! You cant beat that.

I've only been in one as a passenger, in a 2010, but I was sold.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 42 and this Mustang is my 4th Ford car. This is also my first brand new car.

I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im 51 and this is my 2nd mustang 1st was 88 vert 5/0 ho and thought that was a fast car. when i finally drove the new 5/0 just couldnt believe the power and not to mention the handling this car scares me :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am an ancient 20 years old. Ya i know that you young fellers don't know what its like growing up in the 90s.

Learned to drive on a 83-84 Ford Ranger with a standard tranny
First car: 91 Taurus, tranny blew 2 weeks after buying it for $650
Second car: 99 Cavalier, good car but gutless with an auto
Third car: 01 WRX, great car
Fourth car: 2006 Civic Si, awesome car, will always recommend THIS Honda
Fifth car: 2001 Hyundai Elantra, impressed for Hyundai, sold to my father
Sixth Car: 1993 Honda Accord, probably the most impressed i have ever been with any car and i will be sad to let it go, really.

I currently work for a local Honda dealership here in Calgary. When i have told people i am buying a Mustang, they give me blank stares like i am some idiot for buying a "dreaded domestic".

I cant wait!!! :gringreen

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
This is my first American car PERIOD!

American cars and Mustangs,, etc. have all looked like literal crap for so many years.

Last month one of these things came up behind me in my bimmer on I90, and I was like, "what the hell?". I guess the days of little puny girl-like wheels and tires are over for mustangs... and the silly fronts, and just the overall cheap appearance inside and out.

I started reading up on it and was very surprised. So I ordered one.. I didn't even test drive a 2011... I tried a 2010 and it felt ok. I hope it doesn't break down or anything. I'm giving the locals a chance here guys... I hope I made the right decision.

41 and my first Mustang! Apprehensive? Yes... Exited for a V8 that I can beat the hell out of at the track like my bimmer??? I hope so!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm pretty sure your Mustang will be as reliablie and likely more so, than your BMW. I have several friends with BMWs and I'm NOT impressed with any of them. And, they are always going back to the dealer for work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This will be my first Mustang. I'm 48, maybe it's a midlife crisis car, not sure. As much as I love my 4Runner, I just want to drive something fun again. Had an '87 Olds 442 for a few years until probs with the carb and some rusting issues that lead to huge problems with the dealership. Should have my new 'stang convertible next month.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fell in love with mustangs ever since my Dad drove home a 99 V6 (oddly, the 99-04 new edge stangs are among the least favorate as far as body style goes for me).

Looked at getting a 94-98 V6 when I had a POS 94 Taurus (my first car), but felt the Taurus was just as fast so ended up not getting one.

Then on the 4th of July, 2009, at 23 years old, I got the car I have now, my first mustang. I wasn't even planning on buying a car that day. In fact I started the day thinking to myself that I shouldn't spend too much on fireworks that day.

I had an 07 Focus at the time. I was driving to a friends house when he called me to hold off for an hour or two before arriving. Happened to be by the dealership at the time when I saw this beautiful black 07 V6 pony package with stripes. So figured what the heck, got some time to kill, I'll drool over some stangs.

Looked at the price, did some math, thought to myself "Crap... I think I can afford this..."

Drove to my friends house in my first stang. :) One of the reasons I've given the name "Delilah" is because the car seduced me into buying it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This will be my first Mustang and I'm 56 yrs. old. I first fell in love with a '65 Mustang when I saw it sitting on the car lot as a teenager. All I remember is that is was blue and had a 3 spd.on the floor, but I've dreamed of owning one ever since.

My birthday is the second week of July and my '11 should be arriving in the next week or two (cross my fingers!). Great b-day present! I'm finally going to drive my dream car!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This will be my first Mustang. I'm 48, maybe it's a midlife crisis car, not sure. As much as I love my 4Runner, I just want to drive something fun again. Should have my new 'stang convertible next month.
Pony, if this is a "midlife crisis", and I'll be 60 in Nov, then I'm gonna have a ball! Ride like the wind!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey not-so-old Shadow, I'll see you and raise you seven years! My first Mustang, my first Detroit car in 15 years, and my first Ford since the 1970s.

Pony, if this is a "midlife crisis", and I'll be 60 in Nov, then I'm gonna have a ball! Ride like the wind!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.