Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ! which supercharger has the best 'whine' at wot ? :happydance:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I think you're going to find that the centrifugals (Vortech, Paxton NOVI, Procharger) are going to give you the most whine.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Magnachargers are old technology sorry. They heat up really bad and you will max at those things with low boost levels.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would rather hear stlwagon's Stang. I bet it sounds like one of those cars that starves for gas at idle like a Funnycar. Thats awesome.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I would rather hear stlwagon's Stang. I bet it sounds like one of those cars that starves for gas at idle like a Funnycar. Thats awesome.
Yeah but if you heard my car pull up I think you would call the air port and report an airplane attempting take off on the street :)

Prochargers are not for the people that want quiet cars thats for sure. I wanted a car that was loud, obnoxious and that stood out. :) it was a match made in heaven for me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pure Muscle and Forced air sounds, both very impressive.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
they scream pretty loud so yes giving the aspect of this thread its viable but they are just not effecient S/C I have heard them before I was going to buy them when steeda first started to sale them a couple years back.

but after seeing them how they really can not make big power i was turned away.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Id say a twin screw w/ high boost sounds the best.. then comes Procharger.. then Turbo.. i know you said supercharger whine.. but those are my fav sounds..

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Magnachargers are old technology sorry. They heat up really bad and you will max at those things with low boost levels.
Mine don't heat up - I have 10 lbs of boost and produce 460 RWHP - also it is intercooled

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered the Saleen Supercharger and its got a pretty moderate whine to the blower from listening to their videos posted...

:shrug:

Kind of reminds me of a '03 - '04 Whipple charged Cobra.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.