Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
;looks alittle like the "california dreamin" hood . i think rk and california mustang have this hood . they look similar. vynle.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think the "california" hood is a little taller rise. I like that, but I think it may be a photochop. I'd love to find it, too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's new.. I found it last week on the web, but for the life of me I can't find it now. I also thought I saw a new listing on E-Bay a couple days ago. It's a great copy of the '68 Shelby style hood but it is not functional. I think they should get together with Western Motorsports www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm and make this hood functional and mate to Western's high velocity intake system and ram air box. It would be a great combination. (Pricey too)

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
They are VERY proud of that hood. $850.00 :happyhapp

·
Registered
1 Posts
vynle said:
what do you think of the gtr ram air hood ? very retro 67.vynle
Well, I should be able to post pics of the GTR hood on my car in a couple of weeks. Right now it is in the shop getting repaired from when the wife wrecked it a couple of weeks ago. The insurance company is letting me get the GTR Ram Air hood and the Street Scene grille that centers the fog lights, as long as I pay the difference. (about $425).

BrookShadow_RC

·
Registered
403 Posts
BadPuss said:
Fang Performance has a 67 and 68 GT350 hood and eyebrow extenders for the 2005-6 Mustang. They were at SEMA, there are a few shots of the hoods on their home page.

http://www.fangperformance.com/
I saw the black fang car at columbus all ford meet last summer- the pics do not do it justice...in real life it I have not seen anything that could have looked cooler/better/more appropriate/whatever on the new 'stang...I personally didnt care for the ducktail thing, not out of place or anything, but I'd prefer the stock wing I think...funny as I was telling the owner how I didnt care for the 05 quarter glass too much, and he said he was considering filling his also :) even offered to do mine if I really wanted to get it done. The hood/shaker/stripe kits got 1969 written all over them...only other that has called out to me like theirs is the guy in here with the '05 gt/mach/cobrajet'...dunno what thread the pics are in, but thats a sweet mix of parts there too. These cars all look great even in the most stripped v6 configuration you could buy, but a few choice mods really make them stand out as some of the prettiest Fords on the earth.

still no mustang here :(
just want a simple basic vistablue gt deluxe...why is this so difficult...why couldnt the carhauler dude have smashed one of the trucks instead of my car...heck theyre sitting all over around here...nooooo he had to smash the one lone mustang on the trailer...2.5 more weeks....its just a car, its just a car....

·
Registered
403 Posts
BadPuss said:
Heres Fang Performance's 67 Shelby GT350 hood and eyebrow extentions, they also have a 68 Shelby GT350 extended hood and valance .
if thats the same black car the guy had in Columbus, I liked it much better with the shaker...still looks nice, but the shaker was 'it' for me...

·
Registered
30 Posts
ford4v429 said:
if thats the same black car the guy had in Columbus, I liked it much better with the shaker...still looks nice, but the shaker was 'it' for me...
They still sell the shaker hood and intake, the 67 and 68 GT350 hoods are new, I just saw them from the new SEMA pics that are out.

I don't even know when the new hoods become available, I called Fang and they said real soon, the hoods are new products and Fang wants to have some ads running in conjunction with releasing the hoods. You can get the Shaker hood system and ducktails at anytime, they are available.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Cool!

Man, I'm diggin' those eyebrow extensions! Which hood is which? The yellow car looks like it has the same hood as the blue car that started the thread.

I also saw on Fang's website that their hoods are supplied by proglass fiberglass, and it appears on the proglass site that they sell direct, but the site is still under construction. I don't think they sell the shaker, though.

G

·
BadPuss said:
Heres Fang Performance's 67 Shelby GT350 hood and eyebrow extentions, they also have a 68 Shelby GT350 extended hood and valance .
Is it me or is that a bad fair/ waveyness on the 2nd pix grill/ bumper seam??

·
Registered
897 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
Is it me or is that a bad fair/ waveyness on the 2nd pix grill/ bumper seam??
The wavyness is horrid. It makes the car look like @$$. I know someone who got the western Motorsports hood and it's even more wavy than that bumperline. When his painter was done with it he asked me what I thought of it and I was honest with him. I told him that it looked like crap. He brought it back and had the bodyshop skim coat, block sand, and repaint it. Now it looks great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called Fang today and talked with the owner, the shaker hood is available and was the first of the hoods to be released by Fang, the 67 and 68 GT350 hoods are prototypes and just barely finished in time for SEMA, the reason for wave on the front panel.
He said all that will be worked out before they release them for sale, he was a real nice fella and invited me to his shop to see the hoods. I'm only 4 or so hours away so I may drive out there, the 67 GT350 with the extened hood and eyebrows is freaking killer, I want one bad.

Do you think my wife would notice? LOL

jb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts