Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering putting a clear bra on my new mustang. The only problem is the closest 3M qualified installer is a hundred miles away. So I was wondering who all has one and do you think it is a good investment. It will be at least a couple of weeks before I will be able to get it because of some warranty paint work on my front bumper.

As always thx for your input. P.S. If anyone out there is in the Charleston SC area I could really use some good recommendations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been considering this as well. I found more info googling "clear bra Atlanta" and found other forum(S2000, Porsche, Corvette, etc) reviews of local installers.

There are also other reputable manufactures besides 3M that I have found to have great reviews such as Xpel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't have one, but I was thinking about it too. I talked to one guy, he thought it worked fine, but you do see the edge of it on black close up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had one on my '09 Challenger, and I plan on adding one to this car within a few months. I think they are great.
:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have one, but I was thinking about it too. I talked to one guy, he thought it worked fine, but you do see the edge of it on black close up.
Thats why I am getting my whole front clip, mirrors and front bumper done then it will be unoticable.
Most exotics in my city get this done and looks amazing because you get the protection with no lines. cant even tell its on if you get a good installer to do it.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I have one on my Saleen and it is the best thing that I bought that car. It is so worth the money to put that on your car. I love it. The price was a bit steep but dong a respray is a lot more money. Drive the 100 miles and do yourself a favor. And the best thing is that you can hardly see it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at the hood and already a few chips. I have had this car for less than a week. I will probably do the clear bra soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
What does the 3m cost on average to do on a Mustang?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will definitely get one.
I just got back from a local store to check availability and prices (3M). I'll have it put on the day I get my car and I'll have them paint my 1/4 window louvers too.

·
Registered
482 Posts
What does the 3m cost on average to do on a Mustang?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got quoted a price of $600.00. That was just for the hood and bumper. Definitely not cheap. A leather mustang hood protector is around $130.00. But those are said to do more harm than good.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I got quoted a price of $600.00. That was just for the hood and bumper. Definitely not cheap. A leather mustang hood protector is around $130.00. But those are said to do more harm than good.
Leather hood protectors are god awfully ugly!!!! Please, let's not give anyone any ideas... yes, def. more harm than good, especially in the 'looks' department.

Ford finally made a good looking car here... lets not even THINK about screwing it up with one of those souther "car bras".

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had the clear bra installed on my last three cars (drive 37,000+ miles/year for work) and it has really held up well and does stop the stone chips.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I found a clear bra shop in Charlotte called Autoshield and they seem to have really good reviews. You folks in the Carolinas might want to consider them if you are thinking of having this done. My concern is the wait. The body shop manager advised to not put a clear bra on my bumper for 45 days after the paint job to let the paint cure. Makes sense.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have considered them before and am again. My concern has always been how they hold up and if there are issues when washing & "waxing" the car. It seems like it would be problematic around the edges.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have one on my Accord and I can certainly vouch for it, my car is just barely a year old with 27k miles on it... lotttts of highway driving... and the front end is still pristine 100% because of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just spoke with an installer in Raleigh NC who quoted a price of $625 for the 3M vinyl.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dont know if this helps anyone since i know the front end of an accord looks different than a mustang, but I paid $525 for it installed... they did half way up my hood... a bit of my front fenders, the bumper itself of course, the door sil, the side mirrors, and this little horizontal ledge right outside of my trunk.

They also all the windows 12% for another $100 on top of that.

Lifetime warranty on everything.

I was told even that if the car god forbid ever got in a minor front end collision that can be fixed, they would replace the bra for me as well once the repair work was done on the car, for free.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.