Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to take a moment and let you all know that tonight at 9 PM EST on Overhaulin' they will be Overhaulin a 2005 Mustang.

(At least that is what I was told, and it looks like it is..)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
OMG that car turned out so sweet. I must say the only things the show missed was a dyno session and a good ol' burn out. :worship

·
Registered
324 Posts
For some reason were getting a riced version tonight. No Mustang at least at 9 but there is supposed to be another episode after the one currently on.

You live in Decatur, dollarbill?? I "grew up" in a small farming town just southwest of Taylorville called Morrisonville. Not to far from Decatur at all, about 30 miles I think. I actually joined the AirForce in Decatur.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes the show was on here in socal at 6PM. The car was also showcased yesterday at the "Mustangs at the Queen Mary" car/truck show. Nice car but I wasn't crazy about the big side stripe in person.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Saw the show... Lucky lady nurse got her brand new 2005 GT done over with 3dCarbon body parts, fresh paint with wide stripes (compliiments of Foose), supercharger, wheels, tires, lowered springs, custom seat covers and of course a one of a kind "kickass" stereo system...

She was mildly excited about until they opened the hood and showed her the supercharger, then she began to cry...

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Fleg said:
For some reason were getting a riced version tonight. No Mustang at least at 9 but there is supposed to be another episode after the one currently on.

You live in Decatur, dollarbill?? I "grew up" in a small farming town just southwest of Taylorville called Morrisonville. Not to far from Decatur at all, about 30 miles I think. I actually joined the AirForce in Decatur.
Decatur is the biggest small town in the country. Mostly a blue collar town, it feels like the armpit of the country. O well, I'm staying to ride it out, I work at the largest employer in town (ADM).

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with the show either.Lot of things I didn't care for that were added to the car, but that is personal taste I guess

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lame show, lame Mark

I watched the last part of the show and I agree it was lame! How did she get picked?! No excitement what so ever! Her car does not need a supercharger. Did you see when she was parking the rental car when returning it? She hit the curb! God forbid that car is going to end up in a guardrail; I hate to think it. I thought the show catered to car enthusiasts? The best part of the show is when the car's owner melts all over the floor with emotion; there was nothing like that from the nurse. And if her son was my son, he be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

Enough said of that. I thought the car was pretty cool. I like the tail light SS bezels. I know there was a thread earlier about these bezels ($56 Set); I'm considering getting a set.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I really wasn't all that impressed. They did very little "custom" work on the car. Almost every part came right off the shelf. Since the car took so little time to work on I thought they'd maybe you know do some actual engine work. Nope, simply bolt on paxton kit.

Halfway through I was seriously thinking someone had let the lady in on the secret. She was way way to calm when dealing with the rental people. She didn't even really question her car insurance guy voiding her policy for fraud.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Husband of the winner riped me off!!!

Hey Guys, I just wanted to add the the guy or the husband of the winner ripped me off on ebay for a pair of 05 GT Headlights. I was going to modify them. I won the auction sent a money order for $197.01 which included $20 for shipping. I wanted to pay with paypal but he insisted on a money order (my mistake). Anyhow, I get an email after I send the money that the light are broken and he would refund my money. I get a personal check about two weeks later and I deposit it in the bank. A week later I get the check returned with a stop payment on it! And he canceled his ebay account right after! I called, emailed, filed complaints and police reports!
Another mustang owner in a diffrent forum told me he is a memeber of SVTPERFORMANCE.COM forum so I posted a theread in the "smackdown cafe" calling him out for the liar and theif he is! You have to register there as user to view the thread and the title is; Overhaulin' guy ripped me off read this!!. It's worth the read and he and I talk about what happened he eventually gets banned from the site and it is obvious that he is a liar!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think if some swiped my new Stang and did that to it I'd be a bit pissed! Foose has done a few new Stangs and I haven't bee crazy about any of them. I also didn't care for the huge hood stripe and I'm not a big fan of the 3d Carbon stuff. Also they removed the cool retro GT emblem off the back!

The new interior was cool and the Paxton supercharger was okay although I'd rather have a Vortec. The one off Foose wheels looked good I thought. It's weird because in general I like Foose creation but the best looking Stang mod so far in my opinion is the Cervinis one.

http://www.cervinis.com/welcome.html:worship

·
Registered
62 Posts
I watched the first 15 minutes, up through the concept drawings. I usually like what Foose does, but this one really didn't impress. I didn't like all the body mods that much. It hurt to see a new stang go through that I guess, and I must be way to attached to the look of mine. I like it stock, just like it is. Personal taste though. Got to admit, I wouldn't mind the supercharger though.

Never-the-less, Foose has done some mighty nice classic mustangs in the past.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone see the show Overhauling tonight????

Did anyone see the show Overhauling tonight? That 2005 Mustang looked awsome that Fosse designed. If you saw the show, does anyone know if they make a body mod. kit with the fog lights below the front bumper like the one in the show? If so, can you let me know where I can purchase it. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Joemax said:
Did anyone see the show Overhauling tonight? That 2005 Mustang looked awsome that Fosse designed. If you saw the show, does anyone know if they make a body mod. kit with the fog lights below the front bumper like the one in the show? If so, can you let me know where I can purchase it. Thanks
The body kit is on 3dcarbon.com. i dunno if you seen it before, its a popular kit at the sema show. the boy racer is what's it called. and the duck tail is from, ahh..i dont remember, but the link is on 3dcarbon. it had another name. as far as the fog lamp, it was custom made, so start welding.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't really like that show. They take all kinds of muscle cars and throw some big 22 inch chrome wheels on them and the usual body-work. I feel like every car they do has the same theme/feel to it. Gets tiring after a while if u ask me.

G

·
tw0scoops123 said:
I don't really like that show. They take all kinds of muscle cars and throw some big 22 inch chrome wheels on them and the usual body-work. I feel like every car they do has the same theme/feel to it. Gets tiring after a while if u ask me.
Agreed. Its all about the rice-tuner looks anymore. =/

20 inch rims, rubber band tires, 1mm ground clearance, mad ground effects, lambo doors, gee whiz lights, trunk filled with Xbox and 15 inch subs, and did I mention 20 inch rims? Formulaic results imo.

I'll stay with the old school muscle car look for my Pony.

G

·
I think the Classis Mustang build might have been a little better but the show was still great!

Just posted a bunch of pictures of the 2005 Chip Foose Designed Mustang from the Overhalin Show in our Galleries. Click Here to check out the photos.

·
Registered
829 Posts
ScottHalliday said:
I think the Classis Mustang build might have been a little better but the show was still great!

Just posted a bunch of pictures of the 2005 Chip Foose Designed Mustang from the Overhalin Show in our Galleries. Click Here to check out the photos.
I love the rear look of the car especially. I might remove my rear GT badging...... Second time I have seen that and I liked it on both cars. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the show but not sure of the direction it's going...The other week they did a crappy Honda Civic, now this week it's an '05 GT????? I kinda thought they were suposed to do Older Classics & Muscle cars from people that REALLY need the help. ( like my '68 Charger!). not brand new cars that need stereos and body kits. oh well at least theres Automanic w/ Goldberg on the other channel.

(Didn't really like the V6 Grille look or Taillight panel without Mustang gas cap, Cool rims though)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts