Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with them on vacation besided me,or do you just wait till the trip is done and do a major detail job.i allways stop at the local car wash first when i get back to spray off all the road grime also befor i pull into my drivway.and i mean like a week or two vacation.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I don't always take everything but I do take all my Griot's Garage essentials so I can supplement whatever local car wash I can find. Stuff like the spray-on wax so I can touch the car up, keep the finish sealed, and get the bug goo off easily, the good window cleaner and microfiber towels (several types, window specific, soft wax removal, etc,) and the waterblade.

Vacations and trips mean time to relax and who can relax with a dirty car or a car with a bug beard? :gringreen

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I always have a quick detailer, bug/tar spray, microfiber cloths and a water blade (for windows) in my car. As for extended stay you got me thinkin now! I'll probably take a bit more, but undecided about my double buckets.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
California duster, quick detailer and microfiber clothes are always in the car.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
All I do on long trips is high pressure wash and quick detailer, once when I get close to my destination, and once right before I get home. I do keep the quick detailer and a microfiber handy all times to remove random acts of god and "normal characteristics". Bug splatter and bird droppings will eat into Ford paint quickly depending on how long your paint has cured and how well it is protected.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
California duster, quick detailer and microfiber clothes are always in the car.

^This! I've been doing this for many years. It really helps with those surprises that seem to pop up unexpectedly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm starting my cross country trip tomorrow and already have my complete detailing kit packed in the car. I have not packed a thing for myself yet but the car is ready to go. It will be a 44 day trip there and back so there is no way I'm going to be able to go that long without a complete detail or 3. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I usually get up in the morning before each leg of the trip and clean the car so it looks good for the days drive.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ Awesome. Are you taking RT 66?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, I always take parts of RT66 every time I go cross country. We did it last year in her Taurus. A few years ago when the Navy chase to send me out here I was towing my 65 Mustang and just had to stop and take it off the trailer for some driving time on RT66. In my opinion you just cant make this drive in a Mustang without traveling parts of RT66. I'll be sure to post some pics.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I look forward to seeing some of those pics.
And thank you for your service. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
116 Posts
^^^
Your welcome. The first leg starts tomorrow and were getting a pretty late start so much of the trip will be in the dark but I'm sure I'll find an excuse for a few shots. I'll have some pick up soon.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My stuff is always in the trunk. When I go to my timeshare in Orlando, my first stop is at my friends down in Lakeland to wash the car, saves me having to carry the buckets and car wash stuff.
My wife is used to me getting up everyday to clean the vehicle when on vacation, I have always done it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.