Ford Mustang Forum banner

Are you planning on driving your mustang into the ground?

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not sure if my car will make it that far, I will have well over 100k miles on the clock before the loan is even paid off.

I got my 2014 GT in April of 2013. Only 15-months later I have nearly 34,000 miles on the clock, which should mean I'll have approx 82,000 miles at only 3-years old.

While I bought a 100k mileage warranty up front, I'm thinking in retrospect that I should have looked into a 5yr or 6yr 125k to 150k warranty to have coverage for at least 5 to 6 years. Resale will be low with those miles at that time, so even it should make for a fun drag car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2014 V6 Premium convertible... I plan on driving her till one of us dies.... preferably her first after 400k miles :D

She had 5.7miles on her when I picked her up and is in my garage but also good weather driver. She may even get some dry runs in the winter after MDOT clears the roads.

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
Lawd have mercy! I can't believe this thread is still going!

Enjoying the input, though.
I'm actually surprised there wasn't more input as it was a really good question you posed over 3 years ago.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty sure I'll have mine a long, long, time but I really like the look of those 2015 fastbacks.... Just can't afford to get one right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I toyed with trading in this week on a nice 2013 V6 Premium with performance package. The dealer and I were 2 grand apart on trade-in value so that idea died fast.

I am going to keep working with this car until the Stang I want appears and it has to be in "Gotta Have It Green" or else. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Drive it until it breaks, then fix it and keep going.
Amen. My last car was a Dodge Neon with a DIY turbo on it that was still running strong at 150K miles. I plan on getting at least 200K out of the Mustang.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts