Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a friend whom is pretty much a big **** talker and he thinks he can beat any mustang around. He drives a 2008 500S Mustang and says he can beat my ride. I drive a 1994 Mustang with a BBK H-Pipe, Underdrive Pulleys, and Flowmasters.. Now I'm not sure how this race with turn out due to the fact I don't know much on the new 500S's but I think my 5.0 can get him.. What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
whats a 500S :scratchchin do you mean FR500S or something?
if its a s197 w/ a v8 hell take you.

R

·
0 Posts
go to the track line 'em up

come back and let us know how it turned out.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
it would be one close race. what kind of hp are you making?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
hopefully 500s doesnt mean 500 shaker as in the stereo :bigthumbsup:gringreen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No 500S doesn't mean the Shaker.. Thats the name of the mustang. As far as I know his car is basically a 08 GT with an exhaust and intake. I need to look up how much HP he is pullin because he is stock. I'm pullin somewhere around 300HP? Haven't got it tested for an exact number.

Ok I did some research.. and the S in 500S means Serrod. They make costume mustangs. From what I read on their site, all the 500S has performance wise is a Ram air intake and Magnaflow side exhaust. The rest is pretty much cosmetic.. paint, body kit, ect. I couldn't find anything on how much it weighs or the HP so if you guys find something on that let me know. I'm pretty sure, just by looking at the 2, his mustang out weighs mine. The newer bodys look bulky so maybe the weight ratio will help me pull it off. :gringreen:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
477 Posts
intake and exhust on an 08 is prob 15-25hp so say 325hp sae? assuming standard trans thats 260-280 rwhp (that may be a little high)? your starting with 85hp less and have similar mods. pulleys 10hp exhaust 10-15hp? so maybe 240hp sae? assuming standard trans again thats 175-195rwhp? i hope he ways a lot more. :scratchchin unfortanitly he's starting with a faster platform and has about the same hp increases in mods. wight diff. prob wont be enough this time.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I drive a 1994 Mustang with a BBK H-Pipe, Underdrive Pulleys, and Flowmasters... I'm pullin somewhere around 300HP? ..
not even close..not even at the flywheel..there you guys go adding up the advertised HP #'s again..

id say 185-200 if you're really lucky..

i dont think its gonna happen for you

·
Registered
51 Posts
not even close..not even at the flywheel..there you guys go adding up the advertised HP #'s again..

id say 185-200 if you're really lucky..

i dont think its gonna happen for you
+1. You are no where near 300 hp if thats all you have done. how do you come up with that. even the hp your exausts "says" your going to gain is with a dyno tune and normally need all the other mods to get there. dont get me wrong it helps but with out a tune your not seeing that much gain. but dont even embarrass yourself trying to run with a FR500S. hes pushing 325 stock. a stock 94 gts are only putting out 215 even the cobras only put out 240 hp your lucky if your still putting out maybe 240 given the age. your going to get eaten. and what exhaust are you running bbks or flowmasters??? you said you were running bbks and then at the end you said flowmasters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a BBK H-Pipe and flowmaster mufflers..... Idk how you got I said both but ok. I meant to put 200 not 300hp, so I'm not tryin to "embarass myself." I'm goin to race him anyways, its fun and there really nothing to be afraid of at this point. I just wanted to see what you guys thought cuz Idk much on the 500S. But we shall see who wins I suppose ;)

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
just do it at the track so you dont kill anyone....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea.. don't worry I'm not stupid :bigthumbsup and thanks for the help and tips you guys have given.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Real Racers Don't Street Race........PERIOD
the street "racers" wont go to the track cuz they're are afraid to see the 17 second timeslips..doing 65 on a 25mph street sure "feels" fast though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
yup, as an 18 year old kid... i feel proud to say i dont race on the streets... it makes me happy, and let us know how this match up turns out after the race... im sure we would all like to know!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Lose some weight you may get him if you can out drive him. Being that you have about 100 hp less than he does then hes got you beat just barely being that he out weighs you by 600#+-
If you could lose 100+# you may have him beat, like I said if you can out drive him. From my experience the newer the Mustangs the slower they get. However, I havent ridden in any 06 or newer. Make sure you only have about 1/8 tank. Also from my experience its all about the traction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.