Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been mystified over the 20HP increase in the 02 GT. In addition why did Ford nor trumpet this increase...anyone know this please advise...

Thanks
rwhartzel

·
Registered
342 Posts
rwhartzel said:
I have been mystified over the 20HP increase in the 02 GT. In addition why did Ford nor trumpet this increase...anyone know this please advise...

Thanks
rwhartzel
No such animal.

Same motor.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
all GT's from 99 & newer are the same advertised HP

·
Registered
383 Posts
? The 02 has 20hp more than the 01? I didnt know this and had never heard of that? Do you have any more info?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well...the only thing I know that could be a performance difference in the PI SOHC engines is the 99 has a 66.5mm throttle body compared to the 65mm throttle body of the 2001 + models. This should make the 99 mustang faster...right.... :winks

hehe....

$.02 SD

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Mana4Real said:
I know for sure that the compression was raised to 9.74 on the 02's and up .... that's it... Pick off that.
-- Hi, Matt! What was it previously? Thought it was 9.7-ish already.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Water pump & tune

The late 01's (and of course 02's) have a different water pump (pulley and belt a little different, too), and the 02's have a mildly re-worked tune (perhaps there's a spot where the 02 power is greater than the 01 because of this, but the overall peaks are 260hp stock).

As for a 20hp difference, I don't see it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think this post was just flame-bait. Notice the original poster hasn't posted back and is still sitting at only one post.

Nothing to see here... move along.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I hear ya LAngod maybe so ........ Hey MANA havent seen you around in a while howz it going?

G

·
meatball said:
-- Hi, Matt! What was it previously? Thought it was 9.7-ish already.
I think it was 9.4 from 99-01 and then it was bumped to 9.74 in 02... I can't remember where I read it.

I'm alright... I'll be around here and there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.