Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been mystified over the 20HP increase in the 02 GT. In addition why did Ford nor trumpet this increase...anyone know this please advise...

Thanks
rwhartzel

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
all GT's from 99 & newer are the same advertised HP

·
Registered
378 Posts
? The 02 has 20hp more than the 01? I didnt know this and had never heard of that? Do you have any more info?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well...the only thing I know that could be a performance difference in the PI SOHC engines is the 99 has a 66.5mm throttle body compared to the 65mm throttle body of the 2001 + models. This should make the 99 mustang faster...right.... :winks

hehe....

$.02 SD

G

·
I know for sure that the compression was raised to 9.74 on the 02's and up .... that's it... Pick off that.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Mana4Real said:
I know for sure that the compression was raised to 9.74 on the 02's and up .... that's it... Pick off that.
-- Hi, Matt! What was it previously? Thought it was 9.7-ish already.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Water pump & tune

The late 01's (and of course 02's) have a different water pump (pulley and belt a little different, too), and the 02's have a mildly re-worked tune (perhaps there's a spot where the 02 power is greater than the 01 because of this, but the overall peaks are 260hp stock).

As for a 20hp difference, I don't see it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think this post was just flame-bait. Notice the original poster hasn't posted back and is still sitting at only one post.

Nothing to see here... move along.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hear ya LAngod maybe so ........ Hey MANA havent seen you around in a while howz it going?

G

·
meatball said:
-- Hi, Matt! What was it previously? Thought it was 9.7-ish already.
I think it was 9.4 from 99-01 and then it was bumped to 9.74 in 02... I can't remember where I read it.

I'm alright... I'll be around here and there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.