Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are squeaking when i hit my pedal, moving or stopped. i think its in the caliper but im not for sure. i really dont know how to explain it. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
check the following

Warning pin. its a metal pin that tells you...hey buddy...new brakes...

cotter pins/slide pins. pinms that hol the brake to the caliper.

a rock. rocks can sometimes get stuck in brake pads, although rare, it does happen.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its not the pads. Those are still really good. Its when i push the pedal it squeaks like when the calipers squeeze the pad to the rotor. its coming from both sides too

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Disassemble - clean thoroughly with brake cleaner - apply anti-squeal compound (I like the spray) per instructions - reassemble using lube at all the correct points.

Most brake jobs do not feature this process, though they all should.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Ill try that and see if it works. Any kind of lube or should it be brake grease? Synthetic or does it matter?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Brake lube

Thanks. Ill try that and see if it works. Any kind of lube or should it be brake grease? Synthetic or does it matter?
I use the blue stuff they sell at the parts stores, and you need the high temp brake lube - regular oil is a bad idea. The key is to get everything really clean. I use lots of towels with the cleaner, and the cleaning job needs to include the rotors, too.

Clean the pistons and around them on the calipers. An old toothbrush helps. Take your time, its tedious (which is why most folks don't do a thorough job when brakes are re-done).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks... ill give it a shot and let ya know how it turns out. :D

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i like the sybnthetic lube in the can with the brush... i dunno what brannd but its a thick black paste... best thing around IMO lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.